Anyone auto-x their supra in the rain? I might...

DrakeMK3

"The Duck"
Mar 30, 2005
Knoxville, TN
Has anyone auto-x'ed their supra in the rain? If so, how bad was the understeer in the rain? I'm using MKIV TT wheels with Yokohama ES100's 280 in the back and Yokohama AVS Sports 180 in the front, but I don't know how they'll feel on a wet course? Any autocrossers' feedback will be appreciated.

And, yes, we still have auto-xing even in the rain here. ;)

Stanzaspeed

2.5 Twin Turbo R
Staff member
Mar 30, 2005
Calgary, AB
i have. it wasnt excessively wet but there was a fair amount of standing water. i never really had any problems with understeer unless it was me screwing up. i was on 91-92 5 spokes with 225 uber ghey falken zeix 512's. the wider rubber out back may give you a little trouble. i say go anyways. even if you understeer a little it will still be a blast and im sure you will meet some great guys.

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
I go out near a big highschool down the road from me and drift in the rain as much as I can....

I have barely any understeer...of course I have a nearly 3" drop and 245's all around....but I just gas it and go.

-Jonathan

chevyeater

wastegate hose is pulled
Mar 30, 2005
Long Island, NY
Cure for understeer- trailbraking. :D

MK4 wheels you've probably got much wider tires on the rear though, wich is going to induce massive understeer in any conditions on a MK3. :( If it is too intolerable, unbolt the front sway bar end links.

DrakeMK3

"The Duck"
Mar 30, 2005
Knoxville, TN
I had a feeling the massive rear wheels and tires are not going to help me, but this kinda confirmed my doubts. I think it's gonna be a lot harder than when I had my 87 with 5 spokes, but I guess I'll find out. Thanks guys!

DrakeMK3

"The Duck"
Mar 30, 2005
Knoxville, TN
Woohoo! That was extremely fun! I rained for 2 of my 4 passes today and the wettest run was by far the most fun. I'll try to have videos up soon, but it may be in a different thread.

Stanzaspeed

2.5 Twin Turbo R
Staff member
Mar 30, 2005
Calgary, AB
glad to hear you had fun, it hope it didn't understeer on ya too much. sucks about losing your area for events. same sort of thing is happening where i am. all the golfers nearby dont like us making all that noise. hopefully there will still be some events for ya at oter locations and times :icon_bigg