Anyone around Atlanta/Metro want to help a Noob out?

repiks

Jun 23, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I work at a shop that specializes in GM cars (Turbo builds mostly, but a little bit of everything), so we have 2 lifts and a lot of space.

If anyone would be willing to come over towards the Woodstock way I'll provide some beer and food if they could help out a noob with my supra.

It's an MK3 7mgte. I have a code 11, and a code 52. It'd be nice to have someone that knew what they were talking about to show me the things i'd miss.

Also, if anyone has anything LSx based, we could get you a deal on a cam/blower/turbo/nitrous set up.

Anyways, thanks in advance. Let me know if you're interested in coming up this way. We're located in Woodstock.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
I could help, possibly Thurs. or Fri., but not sure till then.
Code 52 is easy to fix with a rewire, takes about 1 hr to so it right.
Code 11 is sometimes triggered by a bad ground at the back of the intake maifold.

Supraboy87T

Sep 14, 2010
Kennesaw, Ga
Oh so close to me. But I have yet to do the rewire as mine doesn't have any codes yet. Lol I'm sure you could look and see if you have that loose ground supraguy stated and be able to do the rewire since you seem to be car smart.

repiks

Jun 23, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Supraboy87T;1729098 said:
Oh so close to me. But I have yet to do the rewire as mine doesn't have any codes yet. Lol I'm sure you could look and see if you have that loose ground supraguy stated and be able to do the rewire since you seem to be car smart.

Haha, sometimes I'm car smart. A corvette looks simple, this maze of tubing, wires, and godknowswhat just puts me off a little.

Both of y'all could come up Thursday or Friday evening/afternoon. Hang out and drink a few beers and try to fix my shit pile with some people that know what they're doing.

My number is 770-289-960nine. Let me know guys.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Well, my name is Diego, and I'll give you a text or call on Thursday afternoon if I can come up there.
Ps- for the rewire, you want to get some good coax wire, but not like home cable coax- that stuff is too thick and un-flexible.

repiks

Jun 23, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Spoke to SupraBoy today via text. Gonna meet him today and introduce myself.

Diego, if you could do Thursday night that would be awesome.

metaphysico

Mad Scientist
Jan 2, 2008
Gainesville, Georgia
Hey repiks this is Jason I talked to you before. Yea still don't have any free time, just got my ac fixed at my house yesterday and heading to Charlotte this weekend. If Diego can make it out you will be in good hands, he has been through his share of knock sensor rewires and is a good guy overall. Not trying to leave you out John just don't think you have had the privilege of doing one yet.

Again if you have the time to bring it by my shop I can take a look its just a very long drive from Gainesville and vise-versa. Let me know what happens.

repiks

Jun 23, 2011
Atlanta, GA
metaphysico;1729878 said:
Hey repiks this is Jason I talked to you before. Yea still don't have any free time, just got my ac fixed at my house yesterday and heading to Charlotte this weekend. If Diego can make it out you will be in good hands, he has been through his share of knock sensor rewires and is a good guy overall. Not trying to leave you out John just don't think you have had the privilege of doing one yet.

Again if you have the time to bring it by my shop I can take a look its just a very long drive from Gainesville and vise-versa. Let me know what happens.

Not a problem man, I know it's a good haul for you this way. You've been a great help so far just speaking to you over the phone.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
So, as it turns out, Skip's car already had a rewire job, and it looks like it was done pretty well.
The only thing was, one of the plugs *might* have been soldered poorly, as it came off when we were checking it.
Unfortunately, we couldn't make use of the original pin, although we definately tried. That may have been what caused
the code in the first place, but I've got a spare K.S. in case one needs replacement. Skip- if you haven't got one already,
I might be going to pull-a-part tomorrow, just to see if I can find a knock sensor plug from some other toyota.

repiks

Jun 23, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Just texted you bud. Thanks for taking a look at the shit pile.

I took out the plugs and two were covered in oil. Already bought a valve cover gasket and buying plugs after this weekend. Once I do that, I'll get the knock sensor all fixed up and it should be good to go. Might need a new AFM, figured I'd just go Lexus with injectors while I'm at it.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Cool. I just got those later model knock sensors in the mail today, with a full wiring harness for them. Guess we need to meet up soon.
Still waiting for the 560cc injectors I ordered to show up for my bucket.