Anybody wanting nice coilovers? Good opportunity here...

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Hey guys, before anyone calls me out for endorsing anyone on here, I want to make it perfectly clear that I am posting this for 100% selfish reasons. I want an upgrade. :D

Anyway, THMotorsports (new vendor on here) is hosting a group buy for Stance coilovers for our cars (Mk3 and Mk4), for $999 shipped. Do a little homework on Stance, and you'll find that this is a very nice deal, and you're not likely to find a setup this nice for this price range. ;)

We only need 8 people to proceed with the group buy, anyone care to give me a hand here?

http://www.supramania.com/forums/sh...torsports-STANCE-COILOVER-SALE-MKIII-amp-MKIV

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Is anyone at least interested in this? So far we have two people committed, and one other interested party, of the 8 we need. Details can probably be worked out, but is there any other INTEREST so far? :D

gurley0916

Gurley=Last Name not girl
Mar 10, 2008
Columbus,OH
Its sad we have a big community and a great vendor has stepped up to give us some nice deals. I'm just afraid that the tight wallets of the community will make us loose great opportunities with this vendor in the future :/

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
It could also be all the high school kids buying Supras and ruining them with hella flush nonsense or the cheap ones who lowball everyone hence my one time blog.

I just heard a guy use the word "setup" when he was referring to the coils and wheels he was running. Seriously.

ochocinco5k

Jul 31, 2012
boston,ma
Viewed both coilover specifcations on the websites, the closest competitor for the Stances are TIEN"s. The Stances come with pillowball mounts front and rear while only the FLEX"s on the TIEN side come with pillowball mounts. Yet the neat thing about Stances is they have a height adjustable spindle mount. As for spring rates TIEN FLEX"s are 12kg and 6kg while the SS"s are 16kg and 9 kg. Stance seems to be in the middle with 14kg and 10kg, presumeably stiffer in the rear for drifting. Both are damping adjustable TIEN has 16 levels while Stance has 15. Point for TIEN on having the cockpit adjustable EDFC, of which both coilovers are compatable.

Putting aside the OMG JDM and the "stancestancestance" they seem to be quite equal as far as points of adjustment, yet I don't know where Stances are made. I have seen from respectable souces the manufacturing investment and testing that goes into TIEN coilovers to ensure quality.

I'm definately interested, but I will need to investigte for the quality of Stances. I'd rather not get them JUST because they're on sale. It is a pretty great price though.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
gurley0916;1866513 said:
Its sad we have a big community and a great vendor has stepped up to give us some nice deals. I'm just afraid that the tight wallets of the community will make us loose great opportunities with this vendor in the future :/
Well, to be fair, $1000 ($999 if you wanna get technical) is still a decent amount of cash for most people, especially on short notice. It is about 2 months of my budget for my car, so if I hadn't already had money that I was saving up for the fuel system, I probably wouldn't be in any position to buy these either, and I've come a long way from having a tight wallet. :)

ochocinco5k;1866628 said:
Putting aside the OMG JDM and the "stancestancestance" they seem to be quite equal as far as points of adjustment, yet I don't know where Stances are made. I have seen from respectable souces the manufacturing investment and testing that goes into TIEN coilovers to ensure quality.

I'm definately interested, but I will need to investigte for the quality of Stances. I'd rather not get them JUST because they're on sale. It is a pretty great price though.
Good to see you've done your homework. Makes me wonder what the spring rates are on the Megan Track series I have on the car now...