Anybody have any experience or know of somebody with these

gsxr141

Oct 24, 2010
rochester
don't do it. if you don't want coilovers just get springs and maybe new struts. i went with new kyb's and h&r springs. there's a guy on facebook selling a set of NEW megan ez street coilovers for $500 + shipping.

Chris_87_Turbo

Nov 5, 2013
Princeton, TX
I was thinking about them for a custom project not the supra but thought I'd see if anybody had any experience with them. Read some reviews on an rx7 forum and the guy seemed pretty happy with them.

Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gsxr141

Oct 24, 2010
rochester
i see. i've seen sets like this around for years. everyone i know that ran them ended up going with coilovers anyway.
i can't speak as to the quality of them, but if they're made well, they should be ok to use.

Chris_87_Turbo

Nov 5, 2013
Princeton, TX
My project I'm still planning is going to be a balls to the wall off-road go kart with a dirt bike motor possibly a 125 or 250.

Chris

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
they are garbage. bouncy ride and dead shocks is all you'll get from them. i get springs for 250 shipped to most states

755hp

Goal - 755hp
Jul 19, 2012
Tri-State Area & MI
Hmm, yea....uhh, don't mess with that.

Rather, I say you go with springs and shocks. I'm thinking of getting B&G springs (1.5" drop F and R) with Tokico shocks myself. Would love to get D2 coilovers but that's a bit out of my budget.

Trent

Quietly Browsing
Oct 30, 2007
Austin TX
I had a set and once I had them in my hand, there was no way I was going to use them on the car. I ended up selling them to someone else who was going with a custom setup for a small toy as well. The perches themselves are flimsy and not strong at all. I ended up just buying real coilovers and cutting my losses.

Chris_87_Turbo

Nov 5, 2013
Princeton, TX
These won't be going on the supra. They are for a different project (off-road style go kart.) I wouldn't dare put something like this on my supra.

Chris

755hp

Goal - 755hp
Jul 19, 2012
Tri-State Area & MI
Chris_87_Turbo;2007200 said:
These won't be going on the supra. They are for a different project (off-road style go kart.) I wouldn't dare put something like this on my supra.

Chris

Ohh, in that case, it's up to you. For that money (considering its springs) maybe give it a try? I don't know...

Chris_87_Turbo

Nov 5, 2013
Princeton, TX
That's kinda what I was thinking. But considering the power I am planning to have and my style of driving, the quality kinda worries me.

Thanks for the heads up Trent. If I use these I may have to get a machinist friend of mine to mill me some new perches.

Chris