Anybody have an open diff for sale?

Wiisass

Supramania Contributor
I'm looking for an open diff for my brother's mk3. I posted in general wtb but I figured I would get a better response for local people if I posted in this section. So hopefully someone around here has one they don't need. I just need the actual diff. I don't need the ring and pinion or the carrier or any of that extra stuff. So let me know if any of you guys have anything.

Thanks, Tim

werewolves182

is without a supra :(
Aug 23, 2005
Crownsville, MD
Ive got a 3.9 LSD Diff you can have if you want to come pick it up. Im not sure how well the LSD part of it works but it never made any unusual noise. Its just sitting in my garage soon to be thrown out if nobody wants it. I just dont want to ship it since it weights ~80lbs.

LMK
-Tim

Wiisass

Supramania Contributor
I have 2 LSD diffs so I don't need yours. I'm looking for an open as a cheap temporary alternative to getting a real diff. The car is going to be seeing a lot of drifting and the inconsistent stock LSDs just isn't cutting it, so I plan on welding an open diff. Thanks though.

werewolves182

is without a supra :(
Aug 23, 2005
Crownsville, MD
No problem. Good luck on your search though. Out of curiosity, what kind of real diff did you have in mind? Ive been floating around the idea of getting something better.

Wiisass

Supramania Contributor
I was thinking something like a Kaaz or ATS 1.5 or 2-way LSD. We do a lot of drifting and road racing with the car, so I want something stronger and most consistent back there. A 1.5 way might be better for the road racing side of things and if I can get my hands on an ATS Carbon LSD, then I will definitely pick that up.