Anybody good with carburetors?

Aug 12, 2010
P.G. County, Maryland
Hey guys, sorry if this is in the wrong place. Modgods, please move if it is. Anyways, heres the story...

I was cleaning my basement, and i found an old Holley carb thats probably been here for like 20 years (Seriously). I don't know ANYTHING about carbs, or carbureted motors, but i found some information... On the side of the carb, on what i'm guessing is the fuel bowl (?) are two numbers. The top code is : R 7024 A. The one under this is : 1398. I'm finding this to be wierd, because as far as i can tell there should be a third number stamped, and i just can't find the damn thing. On the bottom of that same piece there is more information including the address and patent information, and at the top right there is another set of digits: 6R4875B. It was in a Holley box, along with several sets of instructions, and the original warranty tag, printed by Holley. Along with the carb itself, the box also contains what look to be two steel studs. One is approx. 4 1/2" long with a flange in the exact center. It is threaded at both ends. around 1/4" of thread at one end, and around 1" at the other. The second stud is approx 6" long with around the same thread design and metal flange, but on this one the flange is located closer to the end with less threading, rather than the exact center. There is what appears to be an extremely hard plastic gasket than lines up perfectly with the bottom of the carb where the bolt holes are. The box says part number 1-282, but i can't find anything that matches that. Also keep in mind that this part looks used, so it may be an old part, put into the box of the replacement, so i don't know if that part number is correct. I mainly want to know what i have, because i have absolutely no use for this thing. I'd like to make some money from it, and i feel like since i have all the original packaging and paperwork, it should be worth SOMETHING! Only problem is, i'm not going to sell it if i don't know what it is, i don't want to get robbed by somebody, or vice-versa. I know this isn't the usual request lol, but please help me out , guys. Thanks, and sorry again if i'm in the wrong place with this, i don't exactly know where to post about carburetors in a supra forum. lol :3d_frown:

P.S. I will post pictures very soon, either tomorrow or the day after, once i get ahold of my girlfriends camera.

Chaingun

Nov 4, 2010
Mooreland OK
The R-7024 is the model number of the Carb, if i remember correctly it should be 2 brl model and it's part of the 22xx model group either a 2210 or a 2245, i can't remember which. If it's a 2245 they go for about $200 to $250 on ebay in good shape. That flange is most likely a throttle spacer, they're used to smooth the airflow going into the intake manifold on a carb'ed motor and the studs are for mounting an air cleaner onto the carb, one end screw into the carb, and the other has a wing nut or cap threaded onto it.

bioskyline

Oct 21, 2010
powell river bc
if its a 2210 carb its was a oem carb for ih 304/345 and amc 401 engines., and is common in mopar engines need pics to really tell for sure.

Chaingun

Nov 4, 2010
Mooreland OK
As far as pricing i'd go with $150 to $200, that's if it works. the biggest difference between the 2210 and 2245 would be jets and metering rods if I'm thinking correctly, other than that they're almost identical and even use the same rebuild kit

Aug 12, 2010
P.G. County, Maryland
I'm not so sure it works, it has definite signs of wear. It's covered in oil and both barrels are black on the inside lol. I don't expect to sell it at full price, but maybe someone who needs a cheap replacement can pick it up as a core and buy a rebuild kit for it. Oh and Jeff, this unfortunately has lots to do with my Soup, because i got hit with the "What the hell is wrong? I don't know, lets throw money at it!" virus a few weeks ago, and i need the cash. lol, thanks for the proper relocation though.

Chaingun

Nov 4, 2010
Mooreland OK
My 78 chevy pickup would still be a pile of rust if not for my media blaster :) i will however be making one of these so i don't need to purge the tank between sand and soda