Anybody ever seen or purchased VIS carbon fiber products??

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
I'm curious about their quality, and I'm talking about c/f products for any cars, not how cheesy some kit styles are, so lemme hear it good or bad. Anybody who bought VIS c/f from various sellers on ebay has left positive feedback, and I haven't seen anything bad about them.

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
I searched alot and found all good except some MK4 guys complaining of fitment on altered cf hoods, not oem c/f.

I will share my opinion of MK3 hood in a week or so:)

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
I am kinda boast but not really since I have no CF so here it goes. VIS has both good and bad but if you want a quality product and fitment you are s*^t out of luck. As smeone has stated, MKIV guys (aka picky owners) complain and that will tell you something.

My .02
Duane

Dunckel

Jan 16, 2007
Spokane, WA
i used to work at an import car shop. we were a distributor for VIS. they have very good stuff. the parts that we had go through the shop were almost seamless, depending on how big it was, and fit perfect everytime.

T

The Weather Man

I had a full VIS body kit, DAMN good quality for the price.

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
upgradedsupra said:
I am kinda boast but not really since I have no CF so here it goes. VIS has both good and bad but if you want a quality product and fitment you are s*^t out of luck. As smeone has stated, MKIV guys (aka picky owners) complain and that will tell you something.

My .02
Duane
And you know I went to you 1st buddy;) If only you were in the game right now. I will still be in for some headlight covers if you get back up and running. Maybe some other stuff

Ken

GotTurbos?

2J = Here; Swap = Near
Apr 24, 2006
Dallas, TX
I was watching that hood on ebay that you bought... I was about to buy it :(

Oh well, im sure that guy will have another one soon, I was watching one he had up about a week ago and once that sold he had another one up for sale quick.

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
GotTurbos? said:
I was watching that hood on ebay that you bought... I was about to buy it :(

Oh well, im sure that guy will have another one soon, I was watching one he had up about a week ago and once that sold he had another one up for sale quick.
LMAO....same happened to me twice, I messed around deciding and they got snagged. Every time he sells one, he relists in a couple days, wait for them, others are charging $610-780 with shipping, theirs are 535! Not to mention they have the best feedback.

JesseH

Nov 12, 2005
Englewood, Ohio, United States
born2drv said:
it says in that link they require hoodpins is that true? i'd rather just put a latch on there, not sure if that's possible.
they dont come with a spot to mount a latch to and i wouldnt try drilling into carbon fiber....alothough epoxy might work but i dont know how long that would last

SupraBlur

Nov 16, 2006
Hollywood, CA
I've seen a lot of VIS hoods on a lot of cars -- for the most part, like everyone says, the fitment and finish quality is awesome for the money.

BUT -- you have to ask what your primary purpose is in getting a carbon fiber hood, and that brings me to the biggest fault in VIS and SEIBON hoods. They aren't lightweight.

In fact, a JZA80 VIS hood is heavier than the stock one.

Just sharing the info -- if you want the best bang for the buck to achieve the carbon appearance, then they can't be beat.

-Ray

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
Thanks for the input guys! VIS says these hoods have a new protective UV coating that protects from fading / sun damage, so we will see. As far as fitment, appearance, and weight issues, I will give you all my input when it comes in and i bolt it up. So far, the couple people that bought the MK3 hood have left good feedback......can't wait to see for myself!