anybody ever had vband sizing problems?

alloyguitar

it's legal, i swear...
Mar 30, 2005
knoxville, tennessee
So long story short, when retightening my vband, one of the guys helping me broke the bolt in it. No big deal, so I order another one. It comes, and we try to install it, but I can almost fit it INSIDE my 3" outlet, which is obviously a bit of a problem.

I email the guy and he said that the sizing for v-bands is such that you need to buy a slightly larger size to account for the lip, yet in the 6+ years that I've been buying the things I've never run into this situation before.

Am I crazy and it's always been like that, or is this just another case of OBX making parts that are complete garbage?

super.secret.supra.club

Supramania Contributor
Mar 22, 2007
San Diego, CA
Oh god yes. Stick with what Aaron has, or there was some place on eBay called mandrel bent solutions I found. I had a different problem though... exhaust housing of the turbo was 2.75in, exhaust piping is 3in, had to weld at 3.5in cause 3in was literally impossible to weld. Then had to transition from 3.5in to 3in custom DP, then flange up the 3in exhaust to connect. PITA.

Lesson learned? Should've just bought a new exhaust housing instead of spending that extra 150ish to figure out the hard way.

-Ed.T