Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
QU907LifeLikeChocolate.jpg

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Egr valve is closed under wot your not gaining anything.

A/c compression is a idler pulley when the a/c button is not on. Again no gain other than some weight savings.

Power steering. Why wouldn't you have power steering other than trying to save weight. But your ge so its not like your going to get into the 12's unless you have a gutted stripped miata that its going into.

Adding filters instead of drawing the vapors out why. Do you know what pcv stands for? Positive crankcase ventilation. So basically when you add thoes filters and they fill up with oil better hope that its just your main seals blowing out from all the pressure in the crank case.

Removing coolant lines. Where do you see any gain in that?

Where are you coming up with this stuff? Hondas? Its so funny its retarded.

---------- Post added at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

forestgump.jpg

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
tx87supra;1648210 said:
pcv valve? dont they help pull extra fuel fumes from under valve covers and run them back through the motor? wouldnt replacing them with valve breathers get alittle extra hp?

no, but it'll fill your entire engine bay with a coating of oil...

tx87supra

Nov 21, 2010
texas
the pcv valves help keep you from blowing up the top of your motor, thats why they run the fumes back into the throttle body, so if their going back to your tb then why doesnt the tb fill up with oil?

tx87supra

Nov 21, 2010
texas
i know you get some oil in you tb and in the intake, but its not slinging out as much oil as these other guys are saying. so wouldnt running valve breathers help your motor run better by helping keep your tb and intake cleaner? or do 7m motors build up that much pressure its better and safer to run the valves?

---------- Post added at 10:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 AM ----------

and i dont plan on running this 7m on the strip, id like to put a sbc in. but i cant find a conversion kit for it, does someone know where i can get one or am i gonna have to build my own?

---------- Post added at 10:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 AM ----------

and i was just wondering about the tb coolant lines, ive never seen them on a tb before and was alittle curious about their purpose.

benchwarmer

Straight Cougar
Aug 2, 2007
Lancaster, CA
That's going to be custom work. A few people have done it so determined searching will turn up info but you're on your own for parts and fabrication. The PCV draws out blow-by from the crank case, removing it is a bad idea. The crankcase does get pressure while running and it WILL barf oil if you put breathers on the valve covers. People run into that problem all the time when installing catchcans, a tiny filter doesn't stand a chance. The tb cooling lines are very common on 80's cars. They're not particularly useful if you live in a warm climate but they don't hurt the car and you gain nothing by removing them.

Chambers

Now you know
Sep 9, 2007
Baltimore County, Maryland
Well, there is no conversion kit for a SBC, mainly because it’s not a very desirable swap in the Supra. It has been done, but you can find more 500+ hp 7M-GTE swaps out there vs SBC.

If you intend to put a SBC in it, why even bother messing with all the stuff on the 7M? Since it is not a daily driver then you can pull the 7M out and find yourself a nice built SBC and get it done by spring. That will save you time in the long run.

On a side note, the 7M-GE is pretty darn efficient for what it is and the technology it was designed with. Its nothing like a SBC where just a mild cam and headder gives you 75+ hp, it is almost at its peak in its stock form, even stripping all the non esencial parts on a stock 7M is fruitless, nothing will be noticable gained. And like said previously, things on it are there for a reason.

tx87supra

Nov 21, 2010
texas
well im having to put this car back together from scratch, and i dont want to waste time and money fixing and adding stock parts and accessories onto a car that i plan on taken the motor back out of anyway. but if i get this car back on the road then i could sell the motor and 5spd for more if i can show it works.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
When the pcv is hooked up to the tb is pulls vacuum on the valve cover ports thus making it "breath better". Wont do a single thing for performance. If you dont want oil in the intake add a catch can. And no that doesnt add performance.

tx87supra

Nov 21, 2010
texas
ok im almost done reinstalling this 7m and ive hit a bump, the egr system is gone. the whole piece that hooks from the head to the intake is gone. can i bypass it for now or am i gonna have to spend the money on a new one?

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
LOLLLLLL. If your going to remove something you should understand what it does and what its going to do when you remove. AGAIN Your not gaining shit from removing it as the valve is closed(just like any other car) under wot. Meaning when your on it you exhaust is not getting recirculated. Other wise if your removing it you need block off plates.

tx87supra

Nov 21, 2010
texas
i do understand whats its for, ive already read over the egr section in my repair book and i know it important and i need it, but i dont know if this motor is will run, the car sat under a tree without a hood for almost a year and half, im not looking for performance right now, i just want to start the car. i dont want to spend almost 400 bucks on a new egr system for a car i bought for 500. i just spent almost 300 on parts today, i cant throw another 400.

Chambers

Now you know
Sep 9, 2007
Baltimore County, Maryland
You would need to make a block off plate for both the intake manifold and the flange. Orr, you could check out the stuff in the forsale section to get one for a lot less than $400. I have a few laying around on various engines and in parts bins so they not that hard to come by. I would suggest the second of the two options. Good luck!

diego

Jul 30, 2010
brussels
come on devin leBlanc, the 7m-ge is a nice engine, nothing compared to the gte but it still delivers nice thrills. Especially when its your first sports car ;)

tx87supra

Nov 21, 2010
texas
ya everything ive read and heard about the 7m says its a good reliable motor with decent potential. but this is no where near my first sports car, but it is my first import sports car. my wife had a sc300 and i liked it, thats why i chose a supra and not a z or rx.

89nasupra

Sugar, Water, Purple
Apr 8, 2008
Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
Reading this tread makes me feel like a jackass for removing all the shit i took off my car. Think I'm going to start gathering all the parts I took off and put them back on to get everything in the proper working condition again.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Ya i wouldnt pay more 40$ max shipped for the egr parts. Dunno where your getting 400?

&m is good when maintanied and not ruined by idiots. 7mge is slow. It can seem fast but when you get in a gte its slow.

tx87supra

Nov 21, 2010
texas
autozone wants almost 400 for all the egr parts, but i called a few salvage yards and im going in the morning to get it for 50, but that yard is over an hour away, these cars may be common where most of you guys live but i live way out in bfe, so most of what i buy has to be new cause most of the time its not worth drive. and buying used car parts online never seemed like a good idea to me, because your trusting someone youve never met and just cause the pictures look nice doesn't mean it is