any new info on the 2007 supra?

supra_fast

FN Fast
May 13, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
iv been hearing more and more about the 2007 supra. apparently coming in oct 2007? i think i like the look of the hard top but i disagree with the v8 engine. i also dont like the fact that there is no turbo option or targa option. they say 40000 for the v6 3.5 liter with 350 hp and 50000 for the v8 450 engine.

anyone else know anything about these cars?

http://www.supradreams.com/mk5/

supra_fast

FN Fast
May 13, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
i dont understand. you dont think there going to release a supra at all??

in this article it says its comfirmed that there will be a supra coming out.
http://www.popularmechanics.com/blogs/automotive_news/4210242.html

also found this and they say its comfirmed.
http://www.topspeed.com/cars/toyota/toyota-supra-ar6872.html

this is a quote from top speed. "Toyota Supra rumors of the new supra from toyota have been circulating from ... they just confirmed they will make the next supra in 2008.

is this site not a credible site? im not to sure. i just want to know y u dont think it will happen? :dunno:

Last edited:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
You can find the same threads about the 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 Supra.

Times and minds do change, but Toyota said a long time ago, there will be no new Supra. Toyota is in the business of making money, and trucks make money.

They said *If* the sell a sports car again, it will be in the Lexus line, like the NSX. That LF-A or whatever it is, looks like it could make production.

cartel1_950

supra is gone
Jan 30, 2006
calgary
yeah i've been reading the new supra threads for a couple years now and toyota doesn't offer any sports car why go right to the top and release a super car. doesn't really make sense to me. i'd assume they would have an entry level sports car and then work up to the supercar. and isn't there some new super car lexus?? i thought that was toyotas new flagship

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
ok heres the deal skippy.

there have been rumors of a new supra since the mk4 left production. will toyota ever make a replacement? who knows, its been a highly contended topic and no one can provide proof minus few and far between mentions in car mags.

next toyota still races the mk4 SHELL in the gt350 and gt500 gtp. Recently they won a major race with this car running a 4 cyc engine and some hybrid motors (2 100kw front motor in front, 1 150 in the rear) it was a huge step for hybrids as they had raced before but never won.

sorry to burst your bubble

JMDigital

Authorized Vendor
Jun 2, 2006
Tampa, Florida
www.cardomain.com
supra_fast said:
i dont understand. you dont think there going to release a supra at all??

in this article it says its comfirmed that there will be a supra coming out, apparently hybrid??
http://www.popularmechanics.com/blogs/automotive_news/4210242.html

The end of that article says

"You might expect to see a car like this in Toyota showrooms around 2009. —Ben Stewart"

I dont think Toyota would call it a "SUPRA" if they do anything like this. (we have been over this alot and the bulk of us belive its not going to happen) If toyota does decide to do some version of the car in the article I think they would call it a lexus so they can charge top dollar. Not that the supra's were cheap, but it seems that Lexus has the high dollar cars now.

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
The Supra name was no longer profitable and was discontinued. Toyota has never brought back a name after they stopped using it, I don't expect them to start now, if anything it will have a different name, and will more than likely be a Lexus, as was stated.

BlackMKIII

Hardcore Lurker
Jan 6, 2007
Norman, Oklahoma
www.facebook.com
Please don't flame me for this, but...

I have a friend that works for Toyota. His GM was invited to a "Top Secret" press conference, and the GM has confirmed that it is regarding the 2008 Supra. Please don't kill me.