Any Jt56 Lightning Users

Fuzz420

Are U Here 2 take My Baby
site description said:
JT56 Lightning (350-400+ RWHP)
JT56 Lightning (350-400+ RWHP)

For those looking to get out of the bottleneck of a stock or upgraded CT-26 exhaust housing, but still wanting a quick spooling turbo, this is for you. The JT56Lightning is a true high efficiency 56mm T04E Turbo converted to be a bolt-on for the stock 7M-GTE turbo manifold. The stock turbo elbow bolts on, as does the stock stretched intake hose. This is the easiest way to put a T04 on your MKIII. This setup is designed to make a solid turbo able to make 350-400rwhp, while still spooling, "lightning" fast. Because this is a true T04 turbo, not just a T04 Wheel crammed into a Stock CT-26 frame, the exhaust flow is able to support the power the compressor is built to make. A larger P-Trim exhaust wheel is available (more power, slightly more lag). Like all JT Series Turbochargers, this product uses the LIPP "Boss Series" stainless steel exhaust housing, and High Performance single port wastegate. This makes the JT Series turbos bolt onto the factory exhaust manifold, mating with the stock exhaust system (altho a 3" exhaust is recommended) for easy installation.

I did some searching and there were a couple sold on the board but no real feed back on the turbo itself. Im curious to how much power your making, how it responds, any pros/cons(if any) that you may have.

I purchased this turbo almost a year to date and im just now getting close to getting it installed. With that said, is there anyone with feedback with this unit :)

funky_monkey58

Closing in on 200+MPH
Apr 3, 2006
St.cloud MN
Fuzz420;929520 said:
Oh wow, do u know how much power it was making.How did it spool?I have tial 50mm bov for my setup so surging shouldnt be an issue :)

Never got a chance to dyno but the butt meter says around 400 wheel. Spool was about 3500rpm.

7MGTEsup

Formerly 'Down but not out'
Jun 14, 2005
England
Poodles;929566 said:
57 trim CT isn't in the same league...

This is more along the lines of the BOSS and SP turbos.

57 trim CT 26's make 350+whp at 1 bar looks like the same ball park to me:dunno:

pimptrizkit

thread killer
Dec 22, 2005
vancouver Wa
even though im sure it's been done, but im going to test that theory.

i ran out of fuel(stock pump) on my stock ct26, and was making 324. and didn't level off till i hit 13.3 afr or so @5800

while i was on the dyno the afm was sucked into my open turbo, and chipped more then half the fin's ,i risked it and continued to run, and was still making 313/312@11.6psi though with the chipped fines it started to level out at 5 and stayed flat till 6200 when i let off.

all in all i have a 57GT ct26 on it's way and a dyno in june, so worst case' i'll have some numbers then, possibly sooner.

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
theres a few problems comparing a JT series with a CT series turbo. different designs (old vs new) would be the biggest i can think of. yes you can make some power on the ct but if you put on the jt56 you would be able to make the same power at lower boost levels. add to that a level of heightened security in having a bigger shaft, bigger exhaust side (ie more flow) and a pimp looking SS rear housing (yes i know not a performance aspect but man does it look alot better than rusted cast iron) and its well worth it.

Its all about efficiency. You can make more power more efficiently with the JT56 than with an upgraded ct26

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
The CT 26 can't touch the flow (efficiency) of a BOSS rear housing. It's quite a bit smaller than the BOSS, the only real similarities are the footprint and the flange and bolt pattern for the turbo elbow.

/debate.

jtamulis

www.NotRice.com
Apr 9, 2005
Pittsboro, NC
www.NotRice.com
The JT56 Lightning is a 56mm TO4E Garrett wheel in a T04E housing, designed and spec'd
to go together, the LIPP (Same as BOSS). The wheel on the front and back are close in
size and design. It makes for a well balanced quality turbo. They are certainly not cheap
to make 8-(. Now, take that same 56mm compressor wheel and cram it into a tiny CT-26
frame. At low boost levels the turbos are kinda close in compressor efficiency. So if you
run 15-17psi, they are close to the same. At 16psi is where they change. The JT56 is
a drasticly more heavily designed unit (its for a big diesel-ish orginally), and will take more
abuse, more boost, and last much longer.

The frame of the CT is designed for 6.8psi, the JT56 is designed for 35psi diesels.

Run both at 14psi. The CT is running twice than it was designed, the JT56 1/2 the
spec. Doing the math it's easy to see those differences.

Power-wise, at low boost (17 and down) they are almost the same, but you can run
24psi easy on the JT56 and It'll make some serious HP :cool:.

Any questions past that and feel free to PM me your number and I'll call you.

Jeff

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
noah89t;929882 said:
i haven't seen my boost fall dramatically at full throttle, i have a .57 trim with 10 degree clip though
mine is at 18-20 psi depending on weather temps.

Nick M;930053 said:
Boost didn't, but power did. How much RWHP do you have at 20 PSI?

Dyno numbers?

Fuzz420

Are U Here 2 take My Baby
I can finally bump this thread again

I finally have mine installed and running. So i'd figure i'd ask one more time because some time has gone by since ive made this thread.
So who has a jt56 besides me?

It spools up quick and pulls very hard, i find my self constantly hitting the rev limiter:biglaugh: