Any full pre 89 cars with 89+ wing only?

GotTurbos?

2J = Here; Swap = Near
Apr 24, 2006
Dallas, TX
I love the aggressive look of the pre89 front, Don't really like the look of the 89+ tails enough to spend the money to change them, but I thought an 89+ wing mixed with everything else pre89 would look pretty decent. Anybody have this setup or seen a car with it?

quick pic of the car for reference:

Thanks in advance,
Jon

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
I have asked that question before and Jeff Lange answered by posting a picture of a Euro pre89 mk3. They all came with the 3-piece wing but w/o the LED brake light. Looks pretty decent...too bad i didnt save it to show it to ya

GotTurbos?

2J = Here; Swap = Near
Apr 24, 2006
Dallas, TX
Man, I tried to search too, but you really can't search this topic and narrow it down. There are so many results for pre89, 89+, wing, etc. I tried and couldn't find anything helpful.

Hopefully Jeff will chime in, in the mean time, I'll search for a Euro pre89, thanks for the input!

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
Lol, it is hard to get any information about this topic. However, 3piece wing with a full pre89 will look nice. I tried to do that to my 87 but ended up not doing it because my bearings were shot not too long after i had the idea T_T

Supra-Jim

Aug 23, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
Maybe in about two weeks i will have photos of mine.

Jsut finished smoothing the 3 piece wing ready for painting. I still have the two piece tail lights, but i will be changing them at some point.

Cheers

Jim

Bigzavs

86.5 1JZ Single Turbo
Apr 21, 2005
Arlington, TX
that looks pretty good, i think theyve got a 89+ wing out at j-hot, or that one on craigslist

now to just get the car to boost tomorrow

GotTurbos?

2J = Here; Swap = Near
Apr 24, 2006
Dallas, TX
Yea, I think I'm going to do 89+ instead of putting a stock one on. I like the third brake light better on the newer wings also. I'm getting the car tinted soon, so I think that mixed with the wing and some tinted taillights will look really nice. The paint on the car is going to get some serious loving soon. Several parts need to come off and get painted, the previous paint job doesn't look like they prepped it very well. I guess I should probably make a build thread at this point (funny I don't have one for my real project car) so I can stop posting in my thread with stuff that doesn't have to do with it.

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Sunnyvale, CA
jefflange.ca
Mine:

exterior6.jpg

exterior8.jpg

exterior3.jpg

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Sunnyvale, CA
jefflange.ca
Yeah I've got newer parts all over the car. I will have the newer trim soon as well. I've got some contacts at a couple body shops now, so I can finally get some parts painted to put on! :)