Any experience with AJUSA gaskets, cams or other parts?

Grimsta

Supramania Contributor
May 30, 2007
Santa Rosa, Ca.
So apparantly this is a company from my homeland I didnt know did business over here, but a colleague from another forum started talking about Ajusa MLS gaskets instead Cometic "which is what we install in all our builds" so I would be willing to try them out and see if they match up, but want to know if anyone here has tried this before me and if they hold up like the other ones we got here already.

http://www.ajusa.es/us/empresa/empresa.htm

or

http://www.ajusa.es/us/

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
i had a AJUSA headgasket on my car it wasnt metal but it wasnt composite either dunno what it was but when it came off it was in perfect shape

dogdrake

Oct 25, 2008
Gadsden Alabama
i used one for my 7mgte it was a metal hg with a silicone type coating on it i even reused it twice after building the bottom end 6 months after a bhg and i didn't resurface the block . i would say its one of the best ive used . i can post some picks of the used head gasket later if need.keep in mind this was used twice.
p1351163_1.jpg

p1351163_2.jpg

p1351163_3.jpg

p1351163_4.jpg

p1351163_5.jpg

Last edited:

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
i have/had that same headgasket its not metal though i dunno what it is but i know it isnt metal.

Grimsta

Supramania Contributor
May 30, 2007
Santa Rosa, Ca.
I've talked to them about 7M headgaskets already. They say they are metal headgaskets, or they're probably just saying that because that might be what its "classified" as

dogdrake

Oct 25, 2008
Gadsden Alabama
Yes I can confirm it is metal with a coating of some sort . Yea I normaly wouldn't use a oem headgasket twice . This one had the rubbery silicone type coating and just torqed it down to 78ftlbs instead of the 58 I did the first time .

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
dogdrake;1352218 said:
Yes I can confirm it is metal with a coating of some sort . Yea I normaly wouldn't use a oem headgasket twice . This one had the rubbery silicone type coating and just torqed it down to 78ftlbs instead of the 58 I did the first time .

If you had torqued it to 72 lb/ft the first time, you wouldn't have had to do it a second time ;)

The majority of what people have been commenting on have been the head gaskets, but how are their other gaskets quality wise?

dogdrake

Oct 25, 2008
Gadsden Alabama
Yea you can thank the japs for that. the kit comes with every thing valve seals, new washers for the valve covers and new turbo gaskets . The quality is good they are just paper except for the exhaust gaskets . The header gasket is the double rivited type like the oem and they have all the gaskets for 7m-gte or 7m-ge.

Persona

Aug 15, 2009
Warm bench
actually the AJUSA Headgasket is NOT a pure MHG. Its a so called Metalmix gasket. On the outside its metal and on the inside composite.

I know a lot of people here that used the Ajusa gasket and are very happy with it. Its a lot stronger than the standart Toyota gasket, but also not as forgiving with marks on the head and block.

Grimsta

Supramania Contributor
May 30, 2007
Santa Rosa, Ca.
I thought their their SOHC KA24E might be the same as the 7MGTE, but its not. It is just a composite gasket but it has that funky silicone coating on it

suprabones

Sep 12, 2007
Cleveland Ohio
grimreaper;1447188 said:
ra needed for this one? My internet isnt letting me navigate their website easily..

Not totally sure about the surface finish.. However I have been using the Ajusa for almost 2yrs.. VERY awesome gasket.. I would def. buy one again.

-Matt.

SacoMan

Nov 25, 2005
Spain
www.supraclub.es
Dont go with it, it is not metal, and one of our cars, if you torque it down to more than the specs ajusa says it will get crushed.

Grimsta ask Rubo about Miguel´s car and you will see ;)

Grimsta

Supramania Contributor
May 30, 2007
Santa Rosa, Ca.
Than perhaps you shouldnt torque it more than Ajusa's spec ;)

SACOMAN!! Encantado de verte por aqui! :)

Since I started this post we've used a variety of Ajusa gaskets on lots of different cars. Great value & good materials used in the seals & gaskets. For the 7M personally I still wouldnt compare their gasket to an HKS or Cometic, but for stock engine repair should work just fine