Any *A70's without AC stock?

MrOizo

May 24, 2008
Auckland, New Zealand
Since I no longer have AC, is there a GA/MA/JZA70 out there without the AC?

Did a quick search on the supra forums and haven’t really been able to find anything.

Remember seeing a mates thread on Toyspeed and he used a non-AC box for his MKII: http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c317/deaf_rattle/parts002.jpg

So is there anything out there for the MK3?
Needing the room under the dash for the 2JZ ECU :icon_neut

Cheers.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Cars without A/C usually run a different box under the dash. Instead of having a heater core and an evaporator, it has only the heater core and is much smaller.

On a side note, on many GM vehicles they had the A/C "briefcase" in the engine bay that people would get the non-A/C blockoff plate for...

Pernilongo

LADA is my daily
Jul 15, 2007
Los Angeles
Poodles;1170027 said:
Cars without A/C usually run a different box under the dash. Instead of having a heater core and an evaporator, it has only the heater core and is much smaller.

On a side note, on many GM vehicles they had the A/C "briefcase" in the engine bay that people would get the non-A/C blockoff plate for...

Yeah but did any MKIII had AC as "additional equipment"? it seems that all jza and ma cars had AC as "standart"

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Yep, at least in the US they all came standard with it.

But, as we got alloy wheels stock, some in Japan actually had steel wheels with hubcaps from what I remember, so you'd have to look into what the standard equipment was in Japan...

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Interesting... but wonder if they just left some parts off to squeek by instead of having none of the part in (like the evaporators which is what the OP was asking)

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
My understanding after talking with the parts guys here was NOTHING installed it came in a seperate box. :)
(what a shit job that would have been but then again there's so few Aus spec A70's it might have been one guy)

bluepearl

Jul 21, 2005
pa.
Back in the 80's I worked at a Mercury dealership. Mercury sold a car called the Tracer which was a Mazda 323. None of these cars came with AC installed. Ford paid me 8 hours labor to install AC on those that were needed.(alot of them) They were all PNP The first one took about 6 hours to complete, and after doing about a hundred of them, I had the time down to about three hours each. I made good money doing this. Also it was good clean work.

MrOizo

May 24, 2008
Auckland, New Zealand
Thanks for the replies guys.. will keep looking out for something otherwise i'll just have to go with cutting up the back of the glove box to make room :eek:

Silent Deatz;1170486 said:
My "new" non-turbo is a european MA70 86.5 without AC.

Hey i guess thats promising. could i get the frame number off ou and maybe try cross reference it over here in NZ. possibly price something up here.

Is yours LHD or RHD?