Antenna Question

bigal0043

Jun 29, 2005
Plattsburgh,NY
www.mk3supra.net
well when i got the car it had an aftermarket cd player and the antenna doesnt go up or down. Im assuming that the stock player sent an elecrtical current when it was switched to am or fm? how do i set it up that way with an aftermarket head unit?

brad92t

Supramania Contributor
Apr 25, 2006
Lexington, KY
www.haxors.us
bigal0043 said:
well when i got the car it had an aftermarket cd player and the antenna doesnt go up or down. Im assuming that the stock player sent an elecrtical current when it was switched to am or fm? how do i set it up that way with an aftermarket head unit?

should be a blue wire or blue with white stripe (or both) coming out of your head unit. may be marked amp turn on, or remote, or antenna...

will need to find the wire diagram for your year to determine what wire in the factory harness to tie this to for the antenna. good luck.

brad92t

Supramania Contributor
Apr 25, 2006
Lexington, KY
www.haxors.us
bigal0043 said:
im thinking ill just pull the antenna out of the slot a little bit and call it a daykinda like in you sig pic brad92t

nah my antenna assembly is broken or the mast is because my antenna doesn't move even though i hear the motor turning. i get almost NO reception at the height it sits right now and i cant move it manually. not suggested. :)

supraman7mgte

Shut up,bitch!!
Apr 1, 2005
Sunny California
yes,its the antenna on the lower portion of the rear window. look at it closely,and you'll see the rear window defroster,then below it you'll see the a/m antenna wire. at the head unit there should have 2 male end plug ins for the antenna's. the smallest one is for the a/m.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
yes, i use the AM antenna too. i shaved the mast/motor assy.

-shaeff

johnathan1

Supra =
Aug 19, 2005
Downey, California, United States
If your antenna doesn't move...does it click or make any noise?? My car didn't have an antenna because someone put in a huge aftermarket stereo system...they cut a bunch of the stock wires...I got an electric antenna, and repaired the cut wires, and it workss like a charm now! Also I am using a Sony head unit.

So, take off that little cover, and inspect the connector going to the antenna, and make sure no wires are cut...I had to throw away almost a handful of wires that had been added...