Another Whats This Thread Pics

BoostedFloto

Aug 16, 2005
Tampa, FL
ok time for me to feel retarded. I'm in the process of a complete rebuild you can search my name and see everything that has been done but anyway, I or any one that is helping with the build know what these ports on the turbo are for or what to do with them. There are two on either side of the turbo. The turbo is a Turbonectics T-66.

p320266_1.jpg

p320266_2.jpg

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
are they open ports? it doesnt look like it but the pics arent super great.

if so most likely water ports. is your turbo bb?

BoostedFloto

Aug 16, 2005
Tampa, FL
dbsupra90 said:
are they open ports? it doesnt look like it but the pics arent super great.

if so most likely water ports. is your turbo bb?

no itz not BB.......and i can stick half my pinky into to them before hitting metal again

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
ok so they are the water ports. since your turbo isnt bb they arent used which is why they arent ported all the way thru. you can leave them as is.

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
turbo_water_lines.jpg

thats what it would look like if your turbo was bb and water/oil cooled. like i said, since yours is oil cooled only (water ports capped) you leave them as is.

fiyota

I ♥ Boost
May 3, 2006
Kelowna, BC
dbsupra90 said:
sure there is. because i said so.

ok really. from what i understood they are sealed off. am i missing something here?

maybe they are sealed off furthur into the turbo, but maybe they have holes holes that go around it that come off that little hole... I dunno.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
pour water in one, and see if it comes out the other?!

-shaeff

BoostedFloto

Aug 16, 2005
Tampa, FL
fotosoup said:
maybe they are sealed off furthur into the turbo, but maybe they have holes holes that go around it that come off that little hole... I dunno.

yeah thats what I was orginally worried bout but we got it all figured out now thanks for ur help guys

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
aljordan said:
I would run water to them. Add some more SS lines and fittings and you'll be good to go.

It offers much better reliability by not allowing oil temps in the CHRA to get to the coking point.
i'm w/ him on this one

johnathan1

Supra =
Aug 19, 2005
Downey, California, United States
aljordan said:
I would run water to them. Add some more SS lines and fittings and you'll be good to go.

It offers much better reliability by not allowing oil temps in the CHRA to get to the coking point.

But they are blocked off, what good would running lines to them do? It would just create a blockage in the cooling system...

aljordan

LEADED FUEL ONLY
Jul 14, 2005
Indianapolis, Indiana
www.apeserver.com
They are not blocked off. It's a passage that makes a 90° turn after the port of entry.

If if wasn't a turbo that was to be water cooled, they would have NOT put the boss there, nor bored out this boss, nor tapped this boss to accept a fitting. Doing that costs money and time in a manufacturing environment. No sense at all in doing this for it to be a non-usable port.

johnathan1

Supra =
Aug 19, 2005
Downey, California, United States
aljordan said:
They are not blocked off. It's a passage that makes a 90° turn after the port of entry.

If if wasn't a turbo that was to be water cooled, they would have NOT put the boss there, nor bored out this boss, nor tapped this boss to accept a fitting. Doing that costs money and time in a manufacturing environment. No sense at all in doing this for it to be a non-usable port.

Ok then...I would put some lines to them...:icon_razz