Another what is this???

sluggo42

Aug 9, 2007
Socal
I found this hanging on the motor below the intake stuff. Looks like some vacuum hoses hooked to something that also has an electrical connection to it. It also has a bracket with a bolt hole, giving me the impression it should be attached to something! It also looks like there is a broken porthole, but not knowing what it is, I just don't know.
Thanks for input guys...
Doug

Attachments

• supra connector I.jpg
    supra connector I.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 40

sluggo42

Aug 9, 2007
Socal
IJ.;1556764 said:
Looks like it used to be a VSV before it was smashed to death.

ok, I give up, a search with "VSV" brought up no matches. Could someone shed a little light or point me in the right direction?

Sorry for being so ignorant, I'm just trying to make my car a little better...

Txsupra

Professional Driver
Aug 23, 2008
Texas
Vacuum Switching Valve. Check it out on the TSRM. Call Champion Toyota, or your local dealer and pick up a new one.

armyastro

full body shave t04 mk3
Sep 16, 2005
radcliff ky
i have a bunch here, it is just a solenoid that switchs when told too and let a vacuum source keep going to whatever it is intended for, that looks like the idle up one for power steering, take a pic of the plug and see if you can find a part number, if i have the one you need pay shipping (around $5) and i will send it

sluggo42

Aug 9, 2007
Socal
AHA !
I finally found some stuff on it. It is something that releases a little bit of fuel vapor pressure?

Originally it has some type of air filter at one end, unfortunately my air filter portion is broken off, and it is also just hanging there. Does anyone know where it neds to be bolted down?

Armyastro, I will try to find a number, but it's looking like it's a one of a kind thing to me. Are there other VSV's on this car?

Thanks guys, these engines are like the ultimate mystery.