Another "What is this?" Thread

Neodeuccio

Addicted to boost...
Sep 30, 2006
Schenectady NY
So I'm helping my brother tear apart the front end of his crown vic after a small accident he was in, and we've run into a problem. We're working on pulling the radiator out, and there are a few other things attached to it. The first is an oil cooler, and I think the second is power steering. Anyway, there are two hard-lines that connected to what I believe to be the power steering system that we cannot figure out how to disconnect. I've posted a few (bad) pics below.

0107101705b.jpg

0107101705a.jpg

I've followed the lines in both directions and I can't find anything that looks like a connection, so I think what's pictured is where we need to take it apart. Unfortunately, I've never seen anything like it before. Does anyone know what the hell this is and how I can disconnect these hard-lines so we can pull the radiator assembly out?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
looks like ac lines to me.

get that second nut off and then lightly tap it and it should come loose.

nick88

JayHall's Hero
May 10, 2009
Des Moines, Iowa, United States
If you look closely, they are split down the middle, tap on the stud, spray some wd-40 or pb blaster on it, they should come loose.

They do look like a/c lines, and the a/c condenser is always infront of the radiator.