Another Wasted Supra

termn8r2000

I'LL BE BACK..........
Apr 14, 2007
Indianapolis, IN
A victim of the Cash For Clunkers scam. I found this in the Indianapolis 16th Street Pick-A-Part today (5.15.10). A very nice 1990 Turbo, targa top, 5 spd, TEMS car. White exterior, blue velour interior. The engine has been intentionally seized to render it undriveable. I found it at 0900 and when I went back at 1100 to get some parts, there were several people eyeballing it. Get the parts ASAP. Nice 3 pc wing, taillights and interior.

90T..jpg

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
Agreed. That is total crap... the suck part is, the "Cash for Clunkers" deal really hurt the dealerships all in all. Now that we've done our part to get all the old "Clunkers" off the road, people are making new car payments, and thus not bringing those cars into shops to get them repaired. I think the plan backfired.

termn8r2000

I'LL BE BACK..........
Apr 14, 2007
Indianapolis, IN
The instrument cluster has been CUT out of the dash so i could not get mileage. From the look of the interior and carpet I would be surprised if it were over 50k miles. They cannot sell anything off of the engine. The diff, brakes, suspension and R154 are still there.

---------- Post added at 07:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 PM ----------

Not to mention....but the credit the owner was given was probably less than he could have gotten selling the car.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
termn8r2000;1566597 said:
The instrument cluster has been CUT out of the dash so i could not get mileage. From the look of the interior and carpet I would be surprised if it were over 50k miles. They cannot sell anything off of the engine. The diff, brakes, suspension and R154 are still there.

---------- Post added at 07:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 PM ----------

Not to mention....but the credit the owner was given was probably less than he could have gotten selling the car.

Maybe the owner tried to sell it and didn't get what he was wanting vs. giving it to cash for clunkers. BTW, how much do they want for the whole car minus the engine? Sounds like it would make a nice shell.