another rod knock thread

SBM713

Apr 24, 2007
Georgia
hey everybody i havent posted in a while but anyway status update lol.... On christmas day I was driving my dads red and black 89 [see sig] and i noticed it had lower oil pressure than normal, so i told my dad and he said it would be okay and we'd drive it to gainesville and put it in his storage building till he could get it to a shop. Well I had the top off i was following dad, he was on his harley and my sisters old man was following in the truck behind us. Well we get less than a mile from the storage building and it dies when i went from 4th into third for a redlight. I hit the shoulder of the road and start to crank it well thats when i heard it start knocking so we just drove it the rest of the way there. but there is some good news dads replacing the motor and i get his old 7m im gonna put it in my supra and probably start dicking around with my motor cause it only origionaly has 140k miles. I was wondering what you guys would think it would take to put a 7m in a camaro tho i figured since i was gonna have a spare motor maybe i could make something different. i know there are a few supra's out there with 350's so i am thinking of turning the tables a turbo 6 cylinder camaro sounds cool to me haha.. So my questions are if i decide to do this will it set right down in the camaro? i know i'll need wiring harness and an ecu and stuff. just let me know what you guys think

SUPERSNAIL

You have much to learn...
Nov 13, 2008
Albuquerque N.M.
SBM713;1217637 said:
hey everybody i havent posted in a while but anyway status update lol.... On christmas day I was driving my dads red and black 89 [see sig] and i noticed it had lower oil pressure than normal, so i told my dad and he said it would be okay and we'd drive it to gainesville and put it in his storage building till he could get it to a shop. Well I had the top off i was following dad, he was on his harley and my sisters old man was following in the truck behind us. Well we get less than a mile from the storage building and it dies when i went from 4th into third for a redlight. I hit the shoulder of the road and start to crank it well thats when i heard it start knocking so we just drove it the rest of the way there. but there is some good news dads replacing the motor and i get his old 7m im gonna put it in my supra and probably start dicking around with my motor cause it only origionaly has 140k miles. I was wondering what you guys would think it would take to put a 7m in a camaro tho i figured since i was gonna have a spare motor maybe i could make something different. i know there are a few supra's out there with 350's so i am thinking of turning the tables a turbo 6 cylinder camaro sounds cool to me haha.. So my questions are if i decide to do this will it set right down in the camaro? i know i'll need wiring harness and an ecu and stuff. just let me know what you guys think

Personally I dont think its worth the work or money, but thats jusy my $.02 :dunno:

Bomberillo

Banned
Nov 14, 2008
Lynwood
Ive seen a 2j 67ish camaro on you tube somewhere with over 1000hp. It looked and sounded great. I think a 7m would be that hard to do. It will require alot of custom work though.

SBM713

Apr 24, 2007
Georgia
well its got a 350 in it right now but i am a boostaholic if you will, and the idea of a turboed domestic got me thinking cause that guy that restored that mustang and put the 7m in it was my insperation lol. but i just think it would be sweet cause i like supras i love the body shape but i hate the pop up headlights and i've always like the third gen camaro's alot but putting the heart of a supra into a chevy that just sounds cool to me

SBM713

Apr 24, 2007
Georgia
sorry figgie I thought about putting it in the other cars forum but i figured since it was 7mgte related... Anyway the camaro is a 350 tbi i'd have to get a new intake and a blow through carb find a way to run the headers to the turbo's and all that junk but i have an 86 monte carlo ss i was thinking of putting the 350 in if i did the bastard swap on the camaro i was just asking what all would be required to make it fit and work. a bunch of supra guys are doing gm auto tranny's so how does that bolt up?? i was just thinking it would be a fun little project to play on for the next 8 years Im probably gonna be like reign maker and drag it out forever haha