ANOTHER!!! need help deciding on a turbo!!

Scruggs86.5T

Dec 8, 2007
Slidell, LA
So i have been researching through previous posts, and i cant seem to find exactly what i am looking for. I am wanting to get about 600-650hp at around 25-28psi with water/meth injection, forged rods, pistons +.020, completely ported ect., 750cc rc's, ffim, 90mm throttlebody, 3in. turbo back, 2.5in hotside and 3in cold hardpipes, and maft-pro; w/afr and boost control. Keep in mind staying 8.4-8.9:1cr. I am wanting a quick spool though, obviously a bb would be best, hopefully starting boost around 3000rpm or lower and running full boost by about 4000-4200rpms. i am looking at the sp67gtbb, still unsure about exhaust manifold though? i am having a hard time matching up the turbo to manifold terminology. any suggestions and help would be greatly appreciated!!:aigo:

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
question is unanswerable.

power at a certain pressure does not exist.

Turbo's flow, as is evident in any flow charts from Garret/Honeywell, Holset etc. that parts list looks fine save for piggy back for that power level.

I suggest you read this

http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarrett/tech_center/turbo_tech103.html

shows all the math that you need to do so you can figure it out.

This will answer your question fully.

Scruggs86.5T

Dec 8, 2007
Slidell, LA
so thanks for the link that helps out a lot.

IJ; waiting for the update, thanks

does anyone know where to find a compressor map for a sp67, looked and looked but couldnt find one.

Mr. Y

Mar 31, 2005
80 miles away from Kremlin
supradad86_5
Your goals look close to mine. I have some problems so still couldn't run my setup at full power, but already got some experience to share:
1) pt67dbb starts spooling earlier than my old 61mm (non bb), so it's more enjoyable in daily driving around the town
2) I hit 18 psi at 4600RPMs by this test: 3rd gear rolling, WOT at 3000rpms. But my AEM isn't tuned completely yet (super rich and retarded), so I think spool can be made better
3) I couldn't find any compressor maps for 67 too, but this turbo is popular among singled MK4 crowd (so finding some dyno results isn't problem)

PS: I'm running 0.68 A/R hotside

Mr. Y

Mar 31, 2005
80 miles away from Kremlin
IJ.;1111459 said:
Super rich and retarded will give you some antilag so don't be dissapointed if you lag some more when it's tuned.

not really that rich and retarded :) It just killed my torque during spool up (and increased lag too)... Maybe I call it wrong, but now it takes more time to see full boost (at least 200rpms later according to test descrbied above).

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
my sp61gt starts right around 3000. ill try and keep an eye on it tommorrow and see where i peak at but its in the area of 4000rpms or a bit above. although you'r gona need a ported manifold to hit 500+ im told. plus more fuel then a single pump like a walbro unless you step it up to a sumped inline or something. $$$

maps for the sp turbos would be great, cant find any anywhere.