Another MkIII No start

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
It couldn't be his switch electrically because he had power to the coil packs and that's the same feed as IGSW. As for the key I didn't mean to be pinpont because I obviously can't be 100 sure but it's a common problem among Toyotas. Several here, including myself, have suffered from it.

ifyouaint1sturlast

Banned Scammer - I'm whitemike.
Jun 14, 2011
Fort Myers/Cape Coral - Florida
jetjock;1838822 said:
It couldn't be his switch electrically because he had power to the coil packs and that's the same feed as IGSW. As for the key I didn't mean to be pinpont because I obviously can't be 100 sure but it's a common problem among Toyotas. Several here, including myself, have suffered from it.

Oh I see, I guess I didn't see the part about the coil packs having power. I guess this is another experience versus understanding thing.

Personally, I am having a problem where my ST1 signal is weak intermittently (tested) and causing my starter relay to remain open. I was going to see what I could do as far as a rebuild of the cylinder but with my new found knowledge I may be taking other approaches..

Thanks

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
It's understanding more than experience. Understanding the schematic that is.

Voltage drop testing while the ST1 circuit is loaded will accurately identify where your problem is. Not sure I follow about rebuilding the cylinder as it applies only to locking. Not an electrical part.

ifyouaint1sturlast

Banned Scammer - I'm whitemike.
Jun 14, 2011
Fort Myers/Cape Coral - Florida
jetjock;1839265 said:
It's understanding more than experience. Understanding the schematic that is.

Voltage drop testing while the ST1 circuit is loaded will accurately identify where your problem is. Not sure I follow about rebuilding the cylinder as it applies only to locking. Not an electrical part.

I just meant that I didn't think the obvious answer was the key, unless you've been there before..

I've tested the circuit and found the drop to be occurring at the cylinder. Wiggle the key a bit and get different readings. When I said rebuild it I just meant maybe opening it up if possible, I haven' touched it yet..