Another MKIII brother switching from supraforums to supramania

yotatoysupra89

What da heck is a Lurker?
Apr 29, 2007
Zebulon, NC
Hey guys my name is Justin and ive owned my supra for going on 4 yrs this summer. Its a 1989 super red 2 NA 5 speed that i picked up for $3000, ive had any where from BHG to rod knock happen to me with this car and yet i still love it like the day i bought it. This summer i will be in the middle of transplanting a 7MGTE and doing a slight build so it will hold a Garrett T67 and have somewhere around 400-450 BHP I know ill probably be told to get a 1JZ but dont waste your time because everyone and their brother does that swap here in NC so ima be different. i am aware this build is gonna cost a bit much to acheive what i want but i like the torque specs of the 7M verses the 1JZ thats my main reasoning.

I myself am a technician that just started working for lexus this past Janurary, so i dont claim to know everything there is to know about the supra but please dont talk down to me like i am an idiot that was my main reason comin here plus its more Gen specific to the the MKIIIs here and that helps as well.

Hope to have good convorsations later on with you guys and to get some good tech info.

Later

Last edited:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Glad you finally seen the light Mr.Yota. You'll like it here better in my opinion, but you can make your own........Jay

NgoFcukinWay

Formerly Got Boost?
Apr 3, 2005
Houston, Tx
"Use the search function, n3wb!" "Oh snaps! There isn't one!" lol

Welcome aboard. The people here are a great bunch and hilarious at times. Hope you enjoy your stay.

yotatoysupra89

Apr 29, 2007
Zebulon, NC
2543arvin im from raleighwood so we should get a cruise out or somethin headed up i love cruisin with a bunch of supras makes me feel all warm and fuzy...haha

and got boost i noticed that there is one one this site but no one on supraforums and they would bust my ass for not searching but urm "dillweed how do i search with no search icon....DE-DE-DE!!"

and to go ahead and warn others i can be quit sarcastic at times but i am easy goin so dont mind me. and if anyone is able to help me wrnech on my sup this summer that be kick ass bc im hopin to get my motor, harness and tranny some time soon....hehe boost gota get it!!

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
yotatoysupra89 said:
so ima be different.
Isnt that funny, but almost true really, keeping and building a 7M rather swapping it to a 1 or 2J is now different, lol, when a few years ago, doing a JZ swap was the "different"... 7M for life man!

mattjk

Permanent Ban
May 18, 2006
Huntington Beach
www.cardomain.com
welcome!!! best of all, IJ IS BACK AGAIN and very helpful.

IJ. said:
You can bet she won't waste time moving on and is probably with one of your buds right now
bj.gif

IJ. said:
Or maybe she's gone really wild....
bukkake.gif

Or maybe you've been replaced
smiliegenerator_test.png

IJ. said:
Maybe someone else is PITB
sex-smilies-hardcore.gif

IJ. said:
Lots of
41.gif
ahead

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
Welcome home enjoy supramania forum since you are from supraforums you should check out this new function forums have its called SEARCH LOL not a lot of people on supraforums know what it is because it never works there.:slap:

Also we dont run the forums like a NAZI forum camp if you dont believe me put "I Love Ebay" on there forum and see how long you last.

Also i wouldnt pass a 1JZ option until you at least ride in one dont knock it until you try it if you dont know any one with a 1JZ supra in your are check out my sig you will see how little torque a 1JZ haves it looks like he is also in the sand hills area.

I also have lived in your neck of the woods when i worked for lockheed i was at fayettnam i worked at brag simons army base also in the navy i worked at New River Mals 29 jacksonville NC

check out the 1JZ in my sig ▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼

yotatoysupra89

Apr 29, 2007
Zebulon, NC
Im not knocking on the1J i just wanna do up a 7M.....different strokes for different folks? If i was gonna do a swap though it be the 2J jsut bc i love the power output of those stock. but yeah when i get the swap up and runnin im all up for a cruise out....hehe MA70 cruise.

yotatoysupra89

Apr 29, 2007
Zebulon, NC
just bc every body and their lil sis is doin 1Js in my area....i like em dont get me wrong but for where i live keeping the stock block and building is rare bc all my friends have swaped 4GZE AEs or S13s and 280Zs with skyline motors and all crazyness, ima show what the stock motor can do if you just know how to work on em....plus all my friends pay other people to swap but when they have a problem with boost or injector duty cycles and vacum leaks they come runnin back to me to fix it, so ima stay with the 7M way of life.

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
I hear ya brother... 7M for lyf! :D:D:D There are a few of us on here that are pretty hard core 7M'rs... Id like to have a STOCK 1JZ in my other supra for me WIFE to drive, hehehehehee...

yotatoysupra89

Apr 29, 2007
Zebulon, NC
nice numbers on your 7M 512 and 503......see thats what im talkin you might not be able to build a bunch....urm....a shit load of HP but your TQ is always right under it in the 7M and 2J but not so much on the 1J. the dicplacement and stroke hurts it in that since but still can turn high RPMs and produce a nice HP curve its all in what the owner wants.