another fuel cut question

gsxr141

Oct 24, 2010
rochester
i've been over every thread i could find concerning fuel cut to try and figure it out. i understand that some cars have a higher threshold before hitting fc than others. my question is why?
if in fact fuel cut is monitored by the afm, tps, and the ecu..... is it possible to replace any or all of these parts in order to get a higher fc?
what i mean is, if some cars hit it early and some later, why not swap out the offending parts until you get the results you want?
according to my autometer boost gauge i'm hitting fuel cut at around 8psi. this to me seems very low. i have an extra ecu, tps and a few afm's to try out. i'm just looking for some input from guys who have figured this stuff out.
thanks in advance.......... kevin

gsxr141

Oct 24, 2010
rochester
i did have a leak in the intercooler pipes. i have since replaced them with all new hardpipes and new couplers. the car really only hits fc when i'm getting on it from first to second. it almost never does it any other time. i installed a fcd and it went away, bvut i had some issues with running rough. after i uninstalled the fcd, the car ran mint AND didn't hit fc for a while. this to me seemed strange, which is why i'm asking the new questions.

Mk34ullboost

Boost addict
Jul 22, 2012
Pinole
DVD is not safe unless you have a way to watch egts and a wideband cause you'll end up running lean you get pretty much unlimited boost which is bad if there's not unlimited fuel boom