Another charcoal/evap canister thread

7M-KDL

Seeking high numbers
Hey everyone, I want to relocate my evap canister. I do not want to delete it but perhaps substitute a smaller one. I have tried searching and just end up in circles with people talking about why not to remove it. In those other threads it is always mentioned "just get a honda/kia/tercel one". Does anyone have the part numbers, or at least year/model ranges or anything? I want the smallest one I can get so I can put it in the fender well. Also, before I get flamed for a "cosmetic mod", the reason I want to relocate it is to make room for a bypass oil filter that is easy to get to and doesn't sacrifice ground clearance. Perhaps a write-up or sticky on this topic? Thanks in advance.

Matt

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Go to a pickapart/junkyard with a piece of clean 5mm id tubing, locate a small CC then unhook it's signal line fit your piece of hose and blow, if you can blow move onto the next type and repeat.

Failing that you could always run a non return valve in the line.

Smallest CC I found turned out to be the JDM Toyota one from a JZA70 and will easily go up under the plastic inner fender on an MA70..

7M-KDL

Seeking high numbers
IJ.;1850048 said:
Go to a pickapart/junkyard with a piece of clean 5mm id tubing, locate a small CC then unhook it's signal line fit your piece of hose and blow, if you can blow move onto the next type and repeat.

Failing that you could always run a non return valve in the line.

Smallest CC I found turned out to be the JDM Toyota one from a JZA70 and will easily go up under the plastic inner fender on an MA70..
Do you have a part number for that JZ cc or a place to source one? I don't count on being able to find that in a junkyard considering you said its the jdm one.