another canadian

spinyard

always lurking..
Nov 1, 2009
Ottawa
hey folks.
I've been around for a couple years on this forum but never had to join as i learned how to search early on. But now I'm in a situation where I actually need to ask questions so I figured its about time I joined.

My ride is a 86.5 supra. It (obviously) started out as a na auto. One of my friends purchased it awhile ago and blew the original engine (rod knock).
So he proceeded to purchase a jdm 7m-ge (why he didn't spend the extra couple hundred bucks a get a 7mgte i will never know). After he put in that engine he couldn't get it past e-test (jdm=no egr, and he's a mechanic and couldn't figure it out) and I bought it off him. A couple months later the changed the etest laws and I have never had to test it.

p1441192_1.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

so it got a fresh head gasket kit, 2.5" ic piping, 24x11 ic, arps studs, a safc2 and a bunch of stock turbo stuff (bov, downpipe, etc)
so when i got this going (after pulling the engine 4 times in a month) i moved and had to complete it in my buddy's (landlords) driveway. my car didnt like that, and while screwing around one night trying to get the timing right my catch can clogged and blew out the oil pan gasket. car took an oil dump on the driveway. This in turn caused rod knock (f#*k, i haven't even driven the car yet). I knew i wasn't going to rebuild this motor so i Went for a ride :: angry ::

first i cranked the boost controller all the way up. the ride only lasted an hour but it was totally worth the year of work. Let me tell you a 7mge at 12 psi is a f#*k load of fun. when i got home the car sounded like a diesel lol.

the next month i dropped in a 7mgte out of a 92. I used a 87 wiring harness off the donor motor and an jdm automatic tranny out of a cressida i had sitting around from my friends 7mge purchase . shimmed acumalators of course. and thats pretty much how she sits now.
p1441192_2.jpg

thanks for reading

spinyard

always lurking..
Nov 1, 2009
Ottawa
thanks man, kinda nice actually being able to post....
take a look at the intake mani, i got a punisher painted on there..