another budget setup question

themadhatter

Jul 5, 2006
Vegas
I know there are already acouple of budget setup questions but no one seems to be ruuning the same springs i'm going to be running

kyb gr-2 shocks
tanabe gf210 springs(F-442/R-207 with a drop of .3" Front and 0.7" Rear) they are linear
st sway bars
energy suspension bushings(when they come out)
new balljoints

the car will go to 1-2 autocross's a year and the drag strip about the same amount I'll mostly just use the car as a DD and tear up on the un and off ramps every now and then.
Main thing that worrys me is i don't want the car to ride bad or overwell the shocks because i live on some BAD country rods.

So what do the great suspesion gurus on supramania think of my budget setup lol?

Wiisass

Supramania Contributor
I don't have much experience with GR-2's, but they will probably ride pretty close to stock. The spring rate isn't much stiffer than stock so it shouldn't make the car feel any worse either. I think you'll be fine. But with those springs and those dampers, it probably won't feel that much different than stock springs with non-blown stock dampers.

Tim

themadhatter

Jul 5, 2006
Vegas
Thanks for your input tim. I've rode in a couple cars with softer springs with bigger sway bars and it just seems to me that its a good set up for the street.

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
I had the GR-2's with Arospeed springs and it rode almost like stock. It was a very sloppy feeling ride IMO with that combo. They say that the GR-2's are just above factory struts.