another 7mge rebuild

jenny89

Mar 22, 2012
andersonville tn
just thought id post my build lol. So ive been through 3 engines since i got my supra and ive never had the money to rebuild any of them. but now i do so i am.

unfortunately i sold most of my engine parts after the last one threw 2 rods, so i went to pullapart and got a 7m out of a cressida and ordered a rebuild kit including all gaskets, pistons and rings, idler, timing belt, water pump, main and rod bearings and thrust washers.

i pulled the head off and disassembled it. everything was in excellent condition excellent valve margin. i took it to the machine shop for a resurface and cleaning. should b gettin it back tomorrow :icon_bigg. then i went home and got to work on the bottom end.

here are my findings. cylinder walls are in good condition, still see the crosshatch. rod journals are in good condition (thank god) lol no metal shavings in sight anywhere. i havent removed the crank yet or the main bearing caps because the crank pulley bolt is the tightest ive ever seen one so its currently soaking in some oil and wd40.

so thats my current progress and ill try and get some pics up soon and keep you all updated. any suggestions, tips, or ideas would certainly b appreciated

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
Crank bolt is at 195ft/lbs. Going to be hard to do now that the motor is out I presume. Might be able to wedge a 2x4 in under a counter weight.

Good luck.

jenny89

Mar 22, 2012
andersonville tn
haha tell me about it. i didnt have time to do it while it was in the car since they were about to close and it seems like every 7m i see there is gone the nest day lol.

MkIII FTW

Aug 31, 2009
Huntsville
My head had a crack in it as well so I go another one. That sucks but at least you know before you spent all that assembling the motor.

jenny89

Mar 22, 2012
andersonville tn
Still haven't found a head but i did finally get the crank pulley bolt out lol. so yesterday i pulled the crank out . all the journals are in excellent shape. so hopefully soon ill get all the bottom end parts cleaned up and assembled then just need to find a head and ill b in business