Status
Not open for further replies.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
s0ulstar;1148451 said:
Billy had that super Carbon Camry. It was pretty nice. BTW....I already miss my 7M! (wow....did that really come out of my mouth? :sarcasm:)

Yeah, I remember he had the 1st 4th gen with a carbon trunk...

Can't wait for the swap to happen..!!:love:

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
lilazni3uoy;1148380 said:
nick it was great hanging out with you man, just like you, i also need to work on my drag racing skills we all need the driver mod! lol!, the car looks great as always, buddy you need more seat time! and you need a 2 step controller!!!!!, really sad to hear about andrew, that really sucks, !! but bro, best of luck to him, i ohpe he can get through it, nick i will see you insocal when i get the chances to! take care man! next year hopefully we both are in the 11's!! haha
Hey, were you the one with the pedo bear sticker on the rear window? That was *awesome*.

Jose is likewise Awesome, he's well on his way to the top of the Karma scale, IMHO.

Nice to finally meet you in person, Nick. You're quite the character - I nearly spit out my drink at the awards ceremony a couple times because of you!

I got home this morning at ~4am, Randy is still in transit as I understand it, he stayed over in Washington state while BTZ & I headed the rest of the way home. I'll post up some of my pics and vids a bit later... after I've gotten more than a few hours of sleep!

jawsgear

Undergoing Construction
Jan 29, 2006
Sactown
www.jawsgear.com
Nick Stonawski;1148526 said:
HAHAHHAHA!! U know we need to let the folks here know, that we are the Eric "Woon" & Nick "Phillips" of the mk3 community! ;)

2917496677_7e168cbda7_b.jpg

Does that make me the Boost Logic or the Titan of the MK3 Community?? LMAO:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

lilazni3uoy

AEM Powered
Apr 1, 2005
NoRCaL and SoCaL
www.cardomain.com
GrimJack;1148939 said:
Hey, were you the one with the pedo bear sticker on the rear window? That was *awesome*.

Jose is likewise Awesome, he's well on his way to the top of the Karma scale, IMHO.

Nice to finally meet you in person, Nick. You're quite the character - I nearly spit out my drink at the awards ceremony a couple times because of you!

I got home this morning at ~4am, Randy is still in transit as I understand it, he stayed over in Washington state while BTZ & I headed the rest of the way home. I'll post up some of my pics and vids a bit later... after I've gotten more than a few hours of sleep!

hey grim yes that was me,! sorry i did not get a chance to chat with you!, i chatted with randy for a bit about my engine setup, this year was a great year, tho nick and i need to work on our driving skills! haha,

it was greating meeting you all

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
Nick, I have to say I'm disappointed, I REMEMBER the thread from last year where you were again praying for a decent ET, and yet again no good results. Get to the track man, rep the mk3 in the 1/4, someone has to! Good burrito wrap up though :)

BTZ

Apr 5, 2005
Burnaby
Nick Stonawski;1148526 said:
HAHAHHAHA!! U know we need to let the folks here know, that we are the Eric "Woon" & Nick "Phillips" of the mk3 community! ;)

2917496677_7e168cbda7_b.jpg

love that pic. I cant belive it rainned.

Nick - I got a vid of your 16 sec pass, ill post it later.

J/K

becauseican

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Vancouver
www.bicperformance.com
Jose is the Man!!!!, huge props to him for driving out and saving my butt.
THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!!

There is alot of great people in this community, particularly Jose and Tyler (not sure of your SM name) from AZ that trailered my broken car from the track to the hotel and drove his car (on slicks and no wipers) in the torrential downpour of rain back to the hotel......we only made it a few miles down the hwy until he spun out right in front of us and was facing us in the next lane, we almost clipped him with the truck/ trailer/ my car it was CRAZY!!!. So we parked his car and he hopped in the truck and took me to the hotel.

We ended up leaving Vegas at about 9:30 pm and we hit the hwy and Dave (Grimjack) HID headlights gave out, we pulled over and he rewired his headlights to run off his HID fog light ballasts. We drove till 3 AM and stopped in Wells NV, then slept and drove the next day from 11 am till about 1AM.

Good to see you again Nick...is wa great to meet all these people that i have been dealing with the last few years, Andy ARZ, Aaron and Dave from DM, Eric, and every one else whose names I forgot.

Thanks again to everyone that helped out, and to all the people that I met, it was a very eventfull trip.

Randy

Clint

AzSupras
Apr 4, 2005
Mesa, Arizona, United States
becauseican;1149522 said:
There is alot of great people in this community, particularly Jose and Tyler (not sure of your SM name) from AZ that trailered my broken car from the track to the hotel and drove his car (on slicks and no wipers) in the torrential downpour of rain back to the hotel......we only made it a few miles down the hwy until he spun out right in front of us and was facing us in the next lane, we almost clipped him with the truck/ trailer/ my car it was CRAZY!!!. So we parked his car and he hopped in the truck and took me to the hotel.

Randy

Randy,
Tylers Screen name is TKMK3 :) he is a good friend of mine. I herd you guys had one hell of a ride back from the track :p.

azsuprasm

Apr 4, 2008
Scottsdale, AZ
Zerocool;1149615 said:
Randy,Tylers Screen name is TKMK3 :) he is a good friend of mine. I herd you guys had one hell of a ride back from the track :p.

I think the details of this are up on SM & SF...but my view was pretty spectacular.

I also left my street tires back at the hotel, so Jerry R. let me pump'em back up to ~35 so I'd be able to drive it. The rain kept me a good 6-7 car lengths in front of Keith & Chris in the minivan, last ones out of the lot, and about 7-10 minutes behind Tyler, Randy et.al.

I had Keith on the radio when we saw Tyler's car off to the left side of the freeway, and what looked like them trying to get the trailer back to that point. We missed the spin-out, so we were left to think that maybe a car fell off of a trailer!:1zhelp: Thank God that wasn't the case, and it looked like an entire team of guys were out there in the pouring rain, so we didn't stop.

...well, we tried to slow down a little, but then my back end began to slide back & forth. Taking my foot off the accellerator only made it worse, as the weight of the car pulled the slower moving back wheels over the surface of the water hydroplaning. I SLOWWLY got back on the throttle and over what seemed to be 5 minutes, brought my speed down to 40mph.

Stories like this are things that will make this event that much more memorable. Thanks to all the Supra bretheren who lend a hand to those in need!

Status
Not open for further replies.