Anime Recommendation Thread

Canuckrz

Jan 13, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
^indeed

Ghost in the shell was/is amazing. The matrix was partially based off it. There's 2 seasons and 3 movies, the first 2 movies follow a separate storyline and the 3rd happens after the end of the 2nd season. Just so you guys don't get confused like I did.

Also Tenjou Tenge was pretty good aswell.

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 30, 2005
MKE, WI
I like your taste Ian.
Hayao Miyazaki is very good.

Also
Samurai Champloo

Spirited Away

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Neon Genesis Evangelion is still my all-time favorite. Wish they would release the new films faster (the first Rebuild Of Evangelion was great, and it looks like it's gonna get much better).

Great soundtrack, real characters with real issues, epic fights, complete twist on giant mecha... list goes on and on about why it's so good...

FLCL is pretty good as well (what happens when the great minds at Gainax get bored)

Gundam (way too many to list)
Bio Booster Armor Guyver (great as well)
Akira (who can forget that one?)
MADOX 01
Macross (number of these as well)
Vampire Hunter D
Steam Boy (great film)

Last edited:

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Naruto was cool until I went to straight filler and completely killed what was left of it's plot...

At least when Bleach has filler, they have a story arc that makes sense...

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
I really enjoyed NGE - right up until they ended it, then it went all freaky and existential, and stopped making sense. Have they restarted it since? And if so, what did they do about the fact that they screwed up everything already?

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
There were two endings. The first one was really fucked up, it confused everyone. So they made another ending which was 'ok' but didn't really live up to the series in my opnion.