And now for something completely different!

SupraDerk

The Backseat Flyer
Sep 17, 2005
Tallahassee
I just pre-ordered Final Fantasy XII Collector's Edition and Final Fantasy XII Collector's Edition Stragety Guide! WOO!

Gotta find some way to stay occupied when I'm at school...surely can't work on the Soup for the next 4 months:cry:

Haha, anyone else excited that the videogame season is finally here? :naughty:

SupraDerk

The Backseat Flyer
Sep 17, 2005
Tallahassee
what what what!?!? hehe

I didn't get into them until I bought a playstation back in the day. FF7, is by far the best in the series, but none of them follow each other. FFX and X-2 are about it.

But I now have all of them but 3 and 11 and to me at least they're all awesome. I love them because you get your money's worth. Haha, that's about as descriptive as I can get about the series, is there any specific one you want to know about?

SupraDerk

The Backseat Flyer
Sep 17, 2005
Tallahassee
Yellow 13 said:
Only VII & VIII were good. The rest are just Squre/enix trying to make money off the same stale story.

Im looking forward to "Gears of War" and "Spore".

I actually liked IX a lot more than VIII, the "pirate" feel of the game was cool. But VIII was defintely a good one.

Gears of War looks like it'll be badass

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Personally, Im a HUGE fan of Splinter Cell... I absolutely LOVE those games... They get better and better... Hiding in shadows, shooting out lights, hanging from a bar and snapping the bad guys neck, grabbin a guy and interogating him for info before you put him to sleep, all that stealthy shit... I havent found a "military" game that comes close... I've played all three at least twice... The new one comes out this year, and Im probably gunna buy an Xbox 360 JUST for Splinter cell...

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
socom 3 ftmfw. i play shootem ups and real time strategies like warcraft3 and starcraft. Im excited about nintendo's wii though. Super Smash bros fucking owns.

SupraDerk

The Backseat Flyer
Sep 17, 2005
Tallahassee
The price of the Wii is looking INCREDIBLY appealing, especially next to the other two systems.

But I may have to pick up a PS3 for HD Gran Turismo!

SupraDerk

The Backseat Flyer
Sep 17, 2005
Tallahassee
yeah something like that, haha. It's got a rediculous pricetag to it so it'll probably be a few years until I buy one, but when I do! HD Gran Turismo! lol

The Wii is gonna be something like $200 or less and then the 360 is like $400 or $500 or something like that. So Wii FTW!

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
SupraDerk said:
yeah something like that, haha. It's got a rediculous pricetag to it so it'll probably be a few years until I buy one, but when I do! HD Gran Turismo! lol

The Wii is gonna be something like $200 or less and then the 360 is like $400 or $500 or something like that. So Wii FTW!
u and i must be brothers. lol the way i looked at it, 600 for ps3, or 600 for upgrades to the good ol supra.

wingman

sucka got blammed!
Sep 11, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
heh...final fantasy fan right here! loved VII, loved VIII, not so hip on IX, liked X. XI was decent, but got REALLY boring after a while. I have high hopes for XII though, I've heard nothing but good things about it.

SupraDerk

The Backseat Flyer
Sep 17, 2005
Tallahassee
CryoSlash said:
u and i must be brothers. lol the way i looked at it, 600 for ps3, or 600 for upgrades to the good ol supra.

lol, exactly! For $600 that damn thing had better fly, feed me, sexually please me or fix my damn Supra!

wingman said:
heh...final fantasy fan right here! loved VII, loved VIII, not so hip on IX, liked X. XI was decent, but got REALLY boring after a while. I have high hopes for XII though, I've heard nothing but good things about it.

Haha, man, a lot of people didn't really like 9. I LOVED it (actually just started playing it again this morning, haha). And 11 fell into the dreaded pay to play bullshit realm (and I hate MMORPG's anyway...) so I never even bothered buying it...:icon_evil

I have a demo of 12 and it's AWESOME! It's got some new active battle crap (kind of makes in an action RPG), but you have the option of turning it off and keeping it turn based like it's always been (THANK GOD!)

But 12 and 3 on the DS are what I'm waiting for this year. I'm actually gonna go pre-order 3 sometime today too, haha

NgoFcukinWay

Formerly Got Boost?
Apr 3, 2005
Houston, Tx
pre-order FF3 through me!! heheh. j/k j/k. I'm waiting till we get the DS Lite/FF3 combo here in the states. it looks purdy. I wonder if they'll do the same with the black DSs that we'll be getting in about two weeks.

SupraDerk

The Backseat Flyer
Sep 17, 2005
Tallahassee
^oooooooo do you work at EB or something? Or do you have a shop???

Yeah, I don't have a Lite (didn't have the choice, my brother's friend broke my Gamecube so my brother made him buy me a DS and he picked up the old DS with Animal Crossing bundle)...but if they do that Crystal Edition bundle here, I might have to get one. And if they do it with black.. :squirt-mo

You can bet I'll be picking one up! T-minus 20 minutes til the store opens, WOO!

SupraDerk

The Backseat Flyer
Sep 17, 2005
Tallahassee
So as I pre-ordered FF3 today, I was walking around the store and then I saw this...

gba-final-fantasy-9.jpg

And of course I bought it...

God! I'm such a Final Fantasy whore... haha

CTsupra

Supramania Contributor
i'll be buying both a ps3 and a wii. i need to play mgs4, and i'm hoping square will remake ff7 for the ps3. if theydo, the sales just from that will dominate every other gaming platform for years to come, lol.

Reign, start playing ff games, right now. GO!