And I suppose I shoud introduce myself as well...

tsupranami

Drain Bamaged
Mar 11, 2006
Eastern WA
Three years, has it been that long already?? I don't get out much anymore. That's what happens when you get old, I guess.

My name is Rob. My wife Anne and I bought our 1989 Turbo back in 1996 in Seattle. We've been playing around with it ever since, adding little bit here and there, doing all the usual mods, shimmed wastegates first, then FIPK, DP, catback, Springs, ST sways, AFC, AVCR, and the rest of the alphabet soup. We had the CT-26 upgraded to the second smallest upgrade wheel by Turbonetics, I can't remember what size it was, but it was great for autocross, but not so good at the strip.

Even with over 190k on the clocks, she still dynoed at 300hp & 293lb/ft, and ran 13.98@105.3mph just two months ago, with the most wobbled out crank pulley I have ever seen in my life. The car, that is, not the wife.:biglaugh:

But the wobble was just too much. The crank pulley could be lifted or moved side to side over 1/4". It would rotate over 15 degrees back and forth with no resistance.:aigo: It was gonna let go real, real soon. So out it came.

So now I'm in the middle of putting it all back together. The block and head have all been rebuilt with all the normal goodies, including a brand new cryo-hardened, cut, ground, and polished crank, Eagle rods, JE Pistons, Crower cams, Ferrea valves, ARP hardware throughout, Cometic MLS MHG, etc.

And the rest gets uprgrades as well: RPS blue PP w/ HPF Ferramic sprung disk, Fidanza FW, aluminum 1pc driveshaft, HKS HypermaxII coilovers, drilled rotors w/Endless pads all round, new custom intercooler with custom aluminum pipes, oh my how the list goes on...:naughty:

So the plan is to run the old turbo and injectors for the first 500 break-in miles, then switch to a bigger turbo, Lexus AFM, and 550 or 660 injectors for some real HP & TQ!:evil2:

This is when I hope other members here can help share some of their ideas and experiences. I wanna make a S*!tload of HP & torque and get into the 12's at the strip.:1zhelp:

Then bigger brakes, redo the interior, and maybe that sweet widebody I just saw on the forums a minute ago...