An old member has come back....

Bo0sTADiKT

HGHSBT7M
Apr 1, 2005
Okinawa, Japan
Silver MK3;2004664 said:
The car looks clean, nice find. Is it weird driving on the other side of the road? I'm assuming you are from the US originally?

I think Australian and maybe European models didn't get them either.

Probably, I don't understand why we don't use the metric system, it's so much easier. Didn't Canadian models get the digital climate controls in Celsius to answer Rollus's question?

That's even better.

At first it was weird driving on that side, then someone told me, "when you're driving just remember that the center line of the road will always be on the side of the driver" then it all just clicked. And yes I'm from the states originally, I'm in the military and was assigned here for three years. I'm trying to stay for an extra 3 years once my initial tour is done, I love being here in Japan.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Bo0sTADiKT;2004671 said:
At first it was weird driving on that side, then someone told me, "when you're driving just remember that the center line of the road will always be on the side of the driver" then it all just clicked. And yes I'm from the states originally, I'm in the military and was assigned here for three years. I'm trying to stay for an extra 3 years once my initial tour is done, I love being here in Japan.

Cool. I figured you were from the states. That's a pretty good way to think about it. Thanks for your service also!

Bo0sTADiKT;2004672 said:
Do you have a database that you can reference that information? That would be awesome!

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?47729-Data-Tag-VIN-Decoding-Information

I think this is what you are looking for.

Bo0sTADiKT

HGHSBT7M
Apr 1, 2005
Okinawa, Japan
Silver MK3;2004675 said:
Cool. I figured you were from the states. That's a pretty good way to think about it. Thanks for your service also!

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?47729-Data-Tag-VIN-Decoding-Information

I think this is what you are looking for.

No need to thank me for my service but it is much appreciated and that you for that site. I'm going to have to figure out how to decipher the VIN of my car. I'm pretty excited to get into the nitty gritty of this car and to learn all that I can about it. I've been searching around the forums and on the web and it seems like it's tough to find sites that have specific parts to JZA70. You can find stuff for the MA70 all day but I don't know where to start with the 1J(specifically...reliability, common problems with the motor and specific parts for the car....or are the 7M and JZA70 have similar parts.) Anything with an FAQ for JZA70(besides the swapping a 1J into an MA70) would be awesome.

Bo0sTADiKT

HGHSBT7M
Apr 1, 2005
Okinawa, Japan
JDMMA70;2004683 said:
Youre in Japan dude, you can find parts all day for a 1JZ there.

It's actually harder than you think, if I lived on mainland then it would be easier but being on Okinawa is kinda tough to find stuff.

Bo0sTADiKT

HGHSBT7M
Apr 1, 2005
Okinawa, Japan
akito;2004915 said:
That's a nice supra there!

Thanks Akito, now that I have the car in my possession I'm starting to see and hear some of the flaws with it. So far the motor runs smooth and idles perfect. It's been a while since I've driven one of these cars but I want to say that I witnessed FCO today, I took her out and just did a third to fourth gear pull and the car just stop making power abruptly. This upcoming week I'll have more time to get her on the lift and see the rest of the car.

Bo0sTADiKT

HGHSBT7M
Apr 1, 2005
Okinawa, Japan
JDMMA70;2004654 said:
You got a 2.5GT Limited? Those are the only ones I know of that came with a targa. Im surprised its not a hardtop, since those are so common.

So, I looked at the data tag on the firewall and this is what I have and it's not a GT Limited. :( oh well...it's still a supra :D

6ytytuga.jpg

Last edited:

Bo0sTADiKT

HGHSBT7M
Apr 1, 2005
Okinawa, Japan
Work has kept me busy since I took delivery of my car. Tomorrow I will be able to take my car to the auto hobby shop on base so I can put it on the lift and give my car an overlook. I'll take pics and video of my car then.

Bo0sTADiKT

HGHSBT7M
Apr 1, 2005
Okinawa, Japan
Okay so here are some pics that I took at the auto hobby shop on base. I didn't get a video of the car but I hope that these pics will suffice.

So far from what I can tell I have an HKS Silent HiPower exhaust, Work wheels, Tein coilovers and an unknown air filter.

BTW, I don't remember the 7M being that hard to change the oil but the oil filter on this 1J, that thing is a PITA to take off. The car is clean all the way around with the exception of some paint issues on the driver side. Without further delay here they are.

asy3uza2.jpg
5ady8unu.jpg
7avy6yja.jpg
7a5uvu9y.jpg
papu9usu.jpg
ebedujad.jpg

Bo0sTADiKT

HGHSBT7M
Apr 1, 2005
Okinawa, Japan
Day two at the auto hobby shop, today I wanted to clean the interior as much as I could. Tomorrow I'll put in some time to TRY and clean up the engine bay as much as possible. Here are a few pics that I took.

I haven't seen a turbo timer like this before. Very simple and not difficult to use. Anyone ever seen one like this before?
e8uhe7ag.jpg

8u5uha7u.jpg

yqyze4y7.jpg

a7enedaz.jpg

aruhyjem.jpg