An easy way to get inside the AFM.....

91TurboSilver

May 5, 2010
WV
60 psi of air pressure!!!! I was having issues getting any rpm's past 2500 after replacing the accordian hose, During the hose installation I thought I would be clever and clean up stuff, naturally i went with carb cleaner, :nono: i forgot that the AFM does not like this... So I filled it up with glass cleaner and was blowing it out using my compressor, then, POP the top came flying off!!! I finished cleaning out the inside with Q-TIPS an gorilla glued it back together, scared the crap outta me when that thing cam off there with a big POW. Its pretty simple inside and fairly easy to clean. I'll know if it worked in later tonight and post back with results. I haven't checked dealer prices yet for the AFM sensor but an betting they are nice and High :naughty:

91TurboSilver

May 5, 2010
WV
it works! but..... The check engine light comes on at idle, if I turn on the headlights it goes off and the idle increases just a hair. Driving down the road the service light goes off I'm really hoping its a wiring issue, or that the ECU is still learning Holy Crispy Crap 700 Bucks damn I guess now would be a good time to get the lexus afm and some injectors and a new exhaust. All I have done so far is ARP head studs, cold air intake, waste-gate shimms, silicone hoses ect...I am gonna go pull the codes again, right after I 1st started it she threw a 31 and ran rough now it purrs like a kitten and seems to run fine.