am i hitting boost/ fuel cut?

str8_6

master yuepeng
Mar 14, 2007
wa
something weird is going on...i go to the dyno and i boost to 18psi fine. i have safc stock 370cc injectors 2jz map. nothing weird at all there.

after that...now when i hammer on it and i hit almost full boost the car almost pauses for a good second...like it wants me to go slower...go faster again...does it again. when i go with 10psi at wot its perfect...so i'm thinking its not a deffective part ....or am i wrong?

what do you guys think?

oh yeah, my check engine light blinks on the instant it goes limp...then goes away right away when speed drops. do i have to reset my ecu?

bobiseverywhere

bobb'n for money
Apr 1, 2005
Montreal
www.bobiseverywhere.com
Check for codes, have you done that?
do you have a wide band to see what your ARF's are doing?

i know somewhat of the same issues was happening with another member he was getting a code 13 and it was the CAM position sensors well one of them anyway

str8_6

master yuepeng
Mar 14, 2007
wa
oh yeah i should mention on supraforums.com i'm wu_tang with the 1jz singled toyota pickup.

yeah i know i should get bigger injects but then i'm trying to find a different pump other then walbro (i dont want the whining noise)..so i'm sourcing out for a stock mkiv pump or i'll prob get a 255lph denso pump. also i'll be getting driftmotions afpr kit.

anywho...i will check engine code. thats te1 and e1 right? or something like that on the diagnosis box. its been awhile since having to check the light since i dont have a 7m supra anymore.

i mean i could record it if you guys would like...give you more of a feel of what i'm talking about.

bobiseverywhere: i never thought of looking at my af meter. i have an aem uego. i'll check it out. thanks for all the replies and help.

str8_6

master yuepeng
Mar 14, 2007
wa
i dont have an afpr.

i just find it weird that it use to be fine till now. so now you're just running
12v all the time?

The Reaper

Single, and lovin' it!!
Jan 10, 2006
Florida
the 12v mod didn't change shit in my old 7M car

but an AFPR might be a good thing to add to your grocery list next time you go out. ;)

Ric

Setting the standard
Feb 22, 2007
Central Florida
www.1jzgte.us
The problem is the 2JZ map sensor. The car ECU wasn't designed for it. My friend Al in his 1jz SC with stock injectors and ECU has the same damn problem.

It's just another one of those mod's that don't do anything except hurt performance. Running right, your car at 18psi, you should have to lean the car out with the SAFC2, as the car runs really rich from the factory at those boost levels.

The Reaper

Single, and lovin' it!!
Jan 10, 2006
Florida
my boy just fried a cylinder on 18 psi with 550's and walbro

AFR was around 10.5-11.....when we get it back from paint we'll pull it apart and check it out

18psi on stock twins is pretty pointless tho

Ric

Setting the standard
Feb 22, 2007
Central Florida
www.1jzgte.us
Have you ever drove a stock twin car on 18psi? You won't think it's pointless. At 4krpm it's a tire smoke machine.

Reaper, I had another friend do the same thing, but stock injectors at 20psi. An injector failed and melted #5.