alright, WTF?!

thechori

supra-deprived
Oct 3, 2006
houston
ok, i've tried 2 different fuel lines now (the one that sits on the end of the fuel rail and runs down through the intake manifold and connects to the main feed), neither fit correctly and it's driving me nuts.

one was off a turbo that i tried to retrofit (was told by toyota that it is the same on both) but that didn't fit for some reason, and one that i just bought isn't fitting either... i'm 99% sure these are the correct lines, and the correct placing of both ends but it doesn't seem to fit (i had to beat the previous turbo line on, and it did fit, but didn't seal correctly)

gay1fd8.jpg

gay2yr9.jpg

(excuse the size of the pictures, i didn't make them smaller so you could clearly see everything)
in the pictures it doesn't look like it's very far away from where it should fit, but it's deeper down than the line is running, theres no way it'll reach without me drastically altering the line

any advice?

Last edited:

steven89

Jul 8, 2006
Houston, TX
I think hes talking about the fuel rail.

Ryan, I can come by sometime this week to see if you even have em going to the right places.

thechori

supra-deprived
Oct 3, 2006
houston
AJ'S 88NA;933888 said:
Didn't fit were? On the fuel rail, or on the fuel line?

the line fit on the rail, it wouldn't fit at the other end even with the line off (like totally loose, i couldn't get it to the correct angle to fit, so somethings up)

steven89;933895 said:
I think hes talking about the fuel rail.

Ryan, I can come by sometime this week to see if you even have em going to the right places.

sounds good, just hit me up. sooner the better ;D

Burntz

Sold the Supra
Apr 20, 2007
Nebraska
when i put all my shit together, i had a hell of a time getting it on.
then i discovered it had bent a bit from moving it and blah blah

so i put some vice grips on that bitch and tweaked it until it lined up lol

you have 2 lines, bend that shit and go for it :)

(oh, and get new copper crush washers)