Almost there. Need help with the Supra font.

Jaguar

Permanent Ban
Apr 4, 2005
SoCal
www.supramania.com
Found this:

sm_photo_missing.jpg

It was close but no banana. Then found this by searching this site.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

But the S is wrong. So I came up with this:

sm_photo_missing.jpg

stole the "S" from the first one, inverted the colors, and pasted it onto the other. I don't have photoshop and my MS Paint skills are limited. Wanna take a crack at making the S match the others?

Thanks in advance.

ERA

Jul 31, 2006
any way the wind blows
Im pretty sure that is the S for the mark 3s SUPRA. Or did you just want it to be matched with the others? I can take a shot at it, hold on.

Last edited:

Jaguar

Permanent Ban
Apr 4, 2005
SoCal
www.supramania.com
9DMK3T said:
Im pretty sure that is the S for the mark 3s SUPRA. Or did you just want it to be matched with the others? I can take a shot at it, hold on.

Nice. Is there any way to get the outline like what I posted above? and Speed what are vectors?

ERA

Jul 31, 2006
any way the wind blows
I'm OK with the really really really basic stuff with PS. Outlining it seems kind of hard to tell you the truth hah, sorry man..

I'm sure someone else can do a better job.

dugums

Better, Faster, Stronger
Apr 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
This is a quickie mspaint. If this is what you are looking for, I can spend a few minutes in Illustrator getting it perfect for you.

BTW, I don't have any reference to look at now, but is the "R" correct???

LMK

66vt56u.jpg

dugums

Better, Faster, Stronger
Apr 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
9DMK3T said:
Pretty sure it is:
http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/34/essentialshn5.png

(Don't have a pic of the actual badging on the car ATM.)

lol, the keychain has the same exact "s" as the first post... I don't think we can refer to the keychain as it looks like it is not the original supra font.

If you want to find me a picture of a molding, it would refresh my memory. I can't go out and look at my car now, the back yard is flooded...

dugums

Better, Faster, Stronger
Apr 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
9DMK3T said:
Lawl, the keychains produced used the design of the MKIII Supra's lettering.
Let me find a pic..

http://www.supramania.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=big&p=720
(JibithofJib's car)

I was just assuming Jaguar just wanted a different "S".

You may be right, I didn't realize how close that actually was. I guess I'll wait for his comments so I can understand what he really wants.

The only problem I see comparing the double line font with the actual text on the supra is the angle of the middle line of the "s". Other than that, looks pretty good to me!

Jaguar

Permanent Ban
Apr 4, 2005
SoCal
www.supramania.com
dugums said:

Looks like the S on the rear of our cars the ends curve up a bit, kind of like the one with the diagonal middle.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

dugums said:
You may be right, I didn't realize how close that actually was. I guess I'll wait for his comments so I can understand what he really wants.

The only problem I see comparing the double line font with the actual text on the supra is the angle of the middle line of the "s". Other than that, looks pretty good to me!
Yeah, that's the issue. I'd rather the ends not curve and have a straight middle, than the ends curve and the diagonal middle. What do you guys think?

Dugums, the last one that you made IMO is close enough for what I want to do, but if you can curve the ends of the S and make it exact, we'd be in business.However it turns out your rock, and if I can do what I'm thinking, you'll get a freebie.

dugums

Better, Faster, Stronger
Apr 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Jaguar said:
Dugums, the last one that you made IMO is close enough for what I want to do, but if you can curve the ends of the S and make it exact, we'd be in business.However it turns out your rock, and if I can do what I'm thinking, you'll get a freebie.

Yeah, no problem leaving the ends curved, it will be easier actually. I was just looking at your other samples and I didn't recollect that they curved like that. I can do it today - do you just want an image file, or do you want me to do it in Illustrator so you have a vector file? LMK and I'll get on it.

Jaguar

Permanent Ban
Apr 4, 2005
SoCal
www.supramania.com
Image file is good. I don't know what a vector file is, but I'll take it if it's not too much trouble. Can't wait to see the finished product. The more it looks like the back of the car, the better.

dugums

Better, Faster, Stronger
Apr 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Jaguar said:
Image file is good. I don't know what a vector file is, but I'll take it if it's not too much trouble. Can't wait to see the finished product. The more it looks like the back of the car, the better.

I have a loose molding in the garage. If you want it to look just like the car, I can scan it and create an exact match. I'll send you a vector file and post an image file. I will have some free time in a couple of hours to do it...

If there is a specific size you want, let me know...

Jaguar

Permanent Ban
Apr 4, 2005
SoCal
www.supramania.com
dugums said:
I have a loose molding in the garage. If you want it to look just like the car, I can scan it and create an exact match. I'll send you a vector file and post an image file. I will have some free time in a couple of hours to do it...

If there is a specific size you want, let me know...

You have PM

dugums

Better, Faster, Stronger
Apr 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Jaguar said:
You have PM

I just got my tanabe exhaust, so I'm going out to get it hung.

Here is the straightened image of the supra outline:

67wx2jl.jpg

I took a picture of my molding, and the font you provided is almost dead on (the spacing is only off because the molding is curved away from the camera:

5xfv66r.jpg

Here is the "s" so you can see just how close they are:

4qe2dlk.jpg

I can certainly take a little of the angle off the center piece, no problem. Make some comments and I'll do whatever you want.

I'm too excited to go get the exhaust on the car, so I'll do the illustrator files when I get back in. Let me know if you need that outline vectored and in an illustrator file as well (or if the jpg is sufficient).