Allow me to re-introduce my self

mk3_supra

Jun 14, 2006
vancouver
Hi my names Paulo I'm from Vancouver B.c.
I've just recently purchased another MK3 supra.
It's a 1987 Turbo Targa Auto.
I drove out to Maple Ridge (15+km from Vancouver) to meet the owner.
First I was told one of the knock sensors is broken and the original owner spliced the 2 into 1. He made his own down pipe and removed one of the cats.
When we first started her up she stumbled so I assumed cause the tank was empty when it started running smoothly we took it for a run around town.
It boosted beautifully it ran smooth and then the problems started.
Now when we were driving around it ran smooth but the check engine light would come on and some times it would bog down like really bad turbo lag then it'd snap back and there'd be power again. Now after doing all the insurance and transfer papers I was driving back to Vancouver after I filled up with 94 octane.
There was a bit of heavy traffic then it cleared up and I'd boost around a couple times just small bursts. I'd bog down a bit again but then I'd turn the car off then re-start it and the check engine light went away and then it ran fine. He also told me to pull out the EFI fuse to reset it incase it ran rough. We get to a gas station and I let it idle to cool down then after my friend filled up and we were off again. Now it started off slow but it came back around. Drove it my house and let it sit running infront of my house friend and dad were look at it while I ran in to take a piss. Then it died...I tried cranking it again and it starts but runs rough, I try to keep it running but it just bogs down and dies did this a few times then the battery died and we jumped it started reved up then dies.
So I guess this is sort of an introduction thread/help me for the love of god my car doesn't run. I ordered a new knock sensor from toyota it'll be in on Monday. But besides that does anyone know what I should do?! I'll be looking around for anymore information but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Now for pictures

p1197134_1.jpg

p1197134_2.jpg

p1197134_3.jpg

p1197134_4.jpg

p1197134_5.jpg

p1197134_6.jpg

p1197134_7.jpg