All carbo supra, SAY WHAT!

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
"Dry" means a number of different things, and in this case, you're wrong ;)

- The mold is layered with dry carbon and the vacuum bag is used to pull the resin in.
- The carbon is pre-impregnated with carbon and then they vacuum bag it and autoclave it to cure.

Both of those give the same part as a normal wet layup.

Or, you mean carbon that hasn't been clear coated. That car was clear coated, just with matte clear. In fact, if you read it, the hood is a Top Secret, the front bumper is a Ridox, and the doors and fenders weren't made in house either. They where all simply sanded and matte cleared.

It explains why the car looks inconsistent as the weave is different on the parts.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
work.2889060.1.sticker,375x360.care-factor-zero-v1.png

funky_monkey58

Closing in on 200+MPH
Apr 3, 2006
St.cloud MN
goodhart;1668028 said:
Dry carbon = lighter than the fancy ricer pretty wet carbon. :)

Poodles;1668063 said:
"Dry" means a number of different things, and in this case, you're wrong ;)

- The mold is layered with dry carbon and the vacuum bag is used to pull the resin in.
- The carbon is pre-impregnated with carbon and then they vacuum bag it and autoclave it to cure.

Both of those give the same part as a normal wet layup.

Or, you mean carbon that hasn't been clear coated. That car was clear coated, just with matte clear. In fact, if you read it, the hood is a Top Secret, the front bumper is a Ridox, and the doors and fenders weren't made in house either. They where all simply sanded and matte cleared.

It explains why the car looks inconsistent as the weave is different on the parts.

You two retards should go sit in the corner and stare at each other for an hour or so. Maybe then you won't be arguing over stoopid shit.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
funky_monkey58;1668245 said:
You two retards should go sit in the corner and stare at each other for an hour or so. Maybe then you won't be arguing over stoopid shit.

Hypocricy much, since you're now posting on "stupid shit" :wuteva:

funky_monkey58

Closing in on 200+MPH
Apr 3, 2006
St.cloud MN
Poodles;1668379 said:
Hypocricy much, since you're now posting on "stupid shit" :wuteva:

What's your damage man?

Goodhart and I are fairly good friends you know, just trying to razz him up a bit.
I meant stoopid shit as a play on phonetics, you know 'cause when you sound it out it sounds similar to stupid.

ma70suprawoner

May 5, 2010
Gladstone, Oregon, United States
thats a cool supra here is one that is not all carbonfiber but atleast there is no techno shit in the way of that beautiful noise
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7zi9K7su1k&feature=related

---------- Post added at 04:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

oh and fyi that supra you have on your vid is really all carbon here is the video of them making the mold and cutting old pannles and putting in the carbon fiber ones

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhcLHuBv7Nc&feature=related

Last edited: