Alignment post Eibach and Illumina 2's

Davismj711

PA Mountain Supra
I am begining to learn after 53 years on this Earth, that we never know enough about anything.

I thought I had researched my suspension mods well, but like every mod we tend to open Pandoras Box just a tad.

Following my Eibach Pro Sport Springs, all new shock hardware, Illumina 2's and ST sway bars I went to get an alignment. Well of course the ecentrics were either siezed or at the max of their adjustment. I am left with the -camber situation.

I realize from the many posts I have read that some negative camber is ok, or even prefered, I however would like the ability to get it to the Toyota Specs.

My question is.

With this setup and new ecentric bolts and energy suspension bushings will I be able to get to my goal of Factory specs ?

This is not an uncommon setup, so those that are running it please chime in. I am also running an 17x8 235/45 30 offset front and 17x9 255/40 35 offset on my wheels if this matters.

I do not want to go the A-1 Racing route on the rear if I do not need to.

Thanks
Mark

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
can't move it, and it really should be here (though the SME is out right now I think).

I'm in the same boat after my setup and no matter what you're going to have to somehow mess with the arms more than the stock adjustment allows...

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Should still be within the adjusters range then Mark!

Front can be slammed and still be aligned to spec the rear once you go 1.5" down or more you plain run out and need to shorten the lower transverse arms.

Davismj711

PA Mountain Supra
Thanks Ian.

Poodles, I hear you. I found one post where the owner that had this setup said there was enough adj to get the alignment to spec. That was the one and only post I found that shed any light onto this subject.

I think I am going to go the new eccentric bolt and poly bushing route. I will make sure to PM you with the results. If that fails all I have really lost is the investment in the poly bushings and a glorified bolt if I do need to go with different arms.

Thanks to you both again ^^

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Well, my setup is bilstein shocks with their coilover setup in front and their springs in back. It's pretty damn slammed as the front is actually higher than the rears right now (gotta get spanner wrenches).

See sig below