Alex's 2JZA70 from down under

Aleo24

Aug 15, 2011
Perth
My names Alex and I’m from Perth Western Australia. I’ve owned my Ma70 for a couple of years now and it has transformed from a relatively stock car into a powerful daily. All fabrication was done by me in my spare time, this includes tuning.

Current Specs:

Engine
Stock internals including completely stock head
My own steampipe T4 exhaust manifold
Precision 6262 0.82AR rear
3” stainless downpipe
Modified oil pump
PowerFC tuned on E85

Fueling
M133 black ops 1400cc injectors
FIC top feed fuel rail
Walbro 450LPH E85 pump
3/8 gates barricade fuel lines
Fuel cooler mounted near diff

Driveline
R154- Fully rebuilt with all marlin crawler gear
Driftmotion billet shift forks.
ORC triple plate pull clutch
3.7 ratio clutch pack LSD with weir performance upgrades
XXR521 wheels, 8.5’ front 10’ rear.

Suspension
RonnieK front end suspension bushes
Tein hr coilovers
Whiteline adjustable swaybars
Carbon Traction arms in the making

Brakes
SRT8 Challenger 4 piston Brembos
350mm 2 piece Dba rotors
Evo 2 piston Rear Brembos
Braided lines

No idea on power yet but I’ve run 120mph 1660KG without driver on pump 98. It now has a lot more power with e85.

Some pics of when I first owned it.

Upgrades

Final setup

Last edited:

tysen

Jan 20, 2012
muskoka
Nice ride you have there. Any more info in the brake set up? Need a spacer to run those calipers?
Cheers

Aleo24

Aug 15, 2011
Perth
Have to drill the mounting holes on the hub to 14mm. Then custom hats to fit the 350mm 2 piece rotors. No dogbone or spacer

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Feb 3, 2009
Alberta, Canada
do you need to run 18's to clear your brake set-up? btw i like how you had 3 different pairs of rims on it in that short while haha, my car's had the same shoes for about 5 years now. I really want a pair of advan racing v1's I found some too but I have so many other things to buy that come first I find lol

Aleo24

Aug 15, 2011
Perth
Beals;1993992 said:
do you need to run 18's to clear your brake set-up? btw i like how you had 3 different pairs of rims on it in that short while haha, my car's had the same shoes for about 5 years now. I really want a pair of advan racing v1's I found some too but I have so many other things to buy that come first I find lol

Yeah 18's are needed for the front. I managed to fit my JZA80 16" over the rears so i can use my Et Streets at the local drag strip.

aixgelo78;1994014 said:
I like your manifold, pretty satisfying doing all that work and reaping the benefits!

Yeah its not as good as it could have been but its been working really well so far. Im planning to make another manifold for my built motor.

Aleo24

Aug 15, 2011
Perth
Some quick shots of my carbon fibre traction arms. Just waiting on the end links to come in, should be around 9th of next month.

Aleo24

Aug 15, 2011
Perth
Finished the tune on E85. MAGICAL STUFF.

Took it to the drags for a shakedown. Running 4 psi less on E85 than i was running on 98 gained me 4mph!
New PB is now 11.90 at 119mph. I tried running more boost but the tires couldnt hold on the horribly prepped track. Next time out ill coat the tires in trackbite and run closer to 25psi instead of 18.

Aleo24

Aug 15, 2011
Perth
Got the opportunity to upgrade my ecu with a haltec E11V2, ive been trying not to spend money on the car till after my Japan trip in January but i couldn't pass up on this deal.

Decided to wire in some D585 coils while i was at it as i was getting ignition breakup at 23psi and higher.

And getting a local business to machine me up some brackets for the D585 coils

Aleo24

Aug 15, 2011
Perth
New boost control setup.

Coils mounted

New cam cover setup

And reluctor box to get a clean signal for the haltec E11v2. The internal reluctor adapter doesnt seem to work too well.

Aleo24

Aug 15, 2011
Perth
Had a crack at welding up an aluminium catch can. First time welding with AC tig and was quite a different experience compared to mild and stainless. Outcome was pretty good and fitment seems good. Will be fully installed once my last two fittings arrive. Didnt get many photos while welding and making the body. Luckily i had alot of help from a mate

The can

Mocking up for brackets

Fitting location

Welded Fittings

Bracket and breather

Painting

Aleo24

Aug 15, 2011
Perth
Cheers, the VHT wrinkle black hides some of the imperfections in the welds and makes it look a bit tougher.

Aleo24

Aug 15, 2011
Perth
Yep here we go, tires are 245 on a 8.5" rim front, 265 on a 10" rim rear. +25 offset all round.

Also had a blowout with my turbo gasket and in the process found a hole in my manifiold. So a quick fix and im now getting 21psi at 3800rpm instead of 4100rpm. Comes on much stronger to the point im now looking into running some stickier tires. Being steered towards Hankook Z222.

Turbos still looking good after 2 years.

Latest look

Sep 7, 2009
Cambridge
Have you got a little quarter panel roll/pull to fit the 10" +25? I fit a 9" +25 nicely with a roll only...

Aleo24

Aug 15, 2011
Perth
I rolled the rear guards. Im only running a 265 tire so that gives a bit more room, will be moving up to a 285 tire and should still have enough clearance.

Aleo24

Aug 15, 2011
Perth
Cars had a fair bit of work done in regards to the wiring and tune up.

Got a rediculous deal on an AEM infinity and due to some shipping errors got sent a brand new unit. Wired it all in with new plugs from wiring specialties and added honeywell fuel pressure, oil pressure, oil temp (gotta weld a fitting to the sump) and a continental fuel flex sensor.
Got it all running on the basemap and was quite surprised how well it is after i put all my injector values in.

Wiring my ecu panel and engine harness.

Vid of it first running on the basemap.

http://vid1189.photobucket.com/albums/z430/Aleo24/video-1441359763.mp4_zpstiilnhr2.mp4

Tunes almost finished now, the logging and software make it very easy to diy tune.