AL Driveshaft measurments

Deeznuts

Apr 24, 2005
VA
Hey guy I want to have shaftmasters make a AL DS for me. I want to make sure I give them the right measurements. Here is what I have.

WAS- 1988 7M-GE A/T trans
Now 1988 1JZ-GTE M/T R-154 using driftmotion's mount brackets
I measured from the dust cover to the diff flange and got 46.5
Has anyone had to take measurments for a custom DS with the same mount brackets and tranny. My guess is the MKIII diff flanges should be the same. I still have the A/T diff

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
the diffs are the same dimensions auto/manuel lsd/open, you can swap them with out needing a different driveshaft the dimensions are the same as OEM toyota turbo (7MGTE) with R154 MA70 body when i ordered mine from jaws gear it fit perfect as the factory oem replacment measurement

Deeznuts

Apr 24, 2005
VA
kool thanks man.
So just to double check i should be ok with this setup
1988 1JZ BIC mount from Driftmotion
Auto Diff (which shouldnt matter)
R-154 tranny

with these things the Stock OEM driveshaft length (measurements) should work current

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
correct

Jaws gear asked for measurments just to be sure it would fit! im a KISS guy or lazy 1 of the 2 I told them to use the factory oem turbo length.

The 1JZ R154 mount is the same in the 7mgte R154 the body is mostly the same so the mount holes are the same the Auto/manuel NA/turbo diffs fit in the same subframes with no mods and they line up the same where it connects to the DS

The only exception is the GA70 haves a smaller weaker diff higher gear ratio but it sill lines up the same on the DS the JZA70 haves torsen diffs which also mounts the same but the exception to these diffs is the (half shatfs) are diffrent! all the rest as far as lining up to the supra and drive shaft is the same.

the drive shafts are diffrent though between turbo and non turbo because the spline count on the W58 is diffrent from the R154 & postioning difrences asside, so you need the turbo driveshaft for the 1JZ unless for some reason you have a W58 hooked up to it(not advisable).