airport drag race ?

ma70suprawoner

May 5, 2010
Gladstone, Oregon, United States
man the other night while at work (pharmacy) i went to the airport to pick up some stuff for work and i had to go out to the runway were all the small aircraft land and thought to my self wouldnt it be sweet if a bunch of people just showed up at this small airport at night and got onto the run way and just started to have a drag race....... i wonder how much it would take to bribe the night crew to let a few people on to mess around for a hour or so lol let me know what you think :naughty:

jackmk2mk3

being supra-less sucks
Jan 14, 2010
Fullerton, CA
Having worked at two different airports here is my advice: the best way to do that would be to talk to the people who work in the control tower (assuming there is one), either they could give you clearance or they could talk to the people who could. It all depends on the airport and how busy it is. But bribing people is definitely a damn good way to get yourself a nice stay in jail. The FAA (Federal Aviation Administration) and Homeland Security are fucking nuts when it comes to airport security. I had to have a background check done and we had to wear badges issued by the FAA that showed we were authorized to be within the airport boundaries. Hope this helps...

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
I've done this... we didn't use an international airport, so not much security to worry about. One of the local forums got together with the local police and we rented a strip at the airport. The police brought out one of their speed signs - you know, the little trailer jobbies that tell you you're going too damn fast. The police actually raced one of the crown vics, and their new mini, for that matter. With the lights on, no less.

This was the source of one of the funniest comments I've ever heard. Younger guy runs over to my friend Jeremy after he'd run and says, "Dude, I think your engine is about to blow!" Jeremy replies, "Why is that?" Guy says, "Well, there's a lot of smoke coming out the back when you accelerate..." Jeremy replies, "Son, that's tires burning."

jackmk2mk3

being supra-less sucks
Jan 14, 2010
Fullerton, CA
Still, i stand by what i said. This is definitely something you wanna clear with the airport, and Grim brought up a good point as well. If you get enough people together contact the local PD and see if they can put together a little meet thing. Then you can legally race the cops and show them that you aren't just a bunch of street racers. That will get you some respect from the cops just for the fact that you went through all the trouble to go about this the right way. Just my .02

ma70suprawoner

May 5, 2010
Gladstone, Oregon, United States
for sure man i would do it the legal way and again its just a thought dont think it would happen any time soon if at all just would be cool to meet up and do somthing like that maybe next summer when my car is done ill organize somthing

jackmk2mk3

being supra-less sucks
Jan 14, 2010
Fullerton, CA
that would be pretty sick... if i still had my old supra (or by some miracle get another before then) i'd totally consider the road trip. it would be pretty epic, especially if the runway is fairly long.