air ride suspension

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
What exactly are you looking for in air ride?

Nothing concrete because only a handful of people have actually thought about it. Really no gains other than pushing a button to raise the car. Which actually you can have fully adjust coils with small actuators to raise the car like on ferraris for like bumps and such.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
They do make air ride coilovers. The actuators to raise and lower normal coilovers are extremely expensive and were developed because of the minimum height laws in Japan.

Yet again, another pay to play.

slacker

master mould maker
Sep 24, 2006
BC , Canada
www.toyotafiberglass.com
I have supra cradles mounted on my custom "hot rod" frame , and I want the air suspension instead of the coilovers .

HPIM0220.JPG

I have check out airride.com , and am most likely going to use those , but the upper A arm on the front is a very tight fit as the smallest diameter of air they have is 4" .
I guess I will just have to make my own A arm ? unless I can find a replacement .
I was hoping to find someone else whom has done this before

black.gif

poodles , would you have any more info on the Japan system ?

RiyadYar

Supramania Contributor
Nov 20, 2007
NY
give the guys at ridetech.com a call i know some people who used their system (highest qualit) let them know about upper A arm issue and hopfully they can get it fixed. when a friend was doing a ridetech suspension on a 69 buick when he had problems with some parts ridetech had him send it back and they had their engineers make a new part for him.

slacker

master mould maker
Sep 24, 2006
BC , Canada
www.toyotafiberglass.com
RiyadYar;1763577 said:
give the guys at ridetech.com a call i know some people who used their system (highest qualit) let them know about upper A arm issue and hopfully they can get it fixed. when a friend was doing a ridetech suspension on a 69 buick when he had problems with some parts ridetech had him send it back and they had their engineers make a new part for him.
thanks .. I did .. Talked to Danny , but because it's an import , they really didnt know .
I think I can squeeze the 7000 in there , but it's width is 4" , and that is basically the opening of the front A arm , so there will be a little "touching" happening I think . I can also "sleeve" the bag , but it will then consistantly "wear" on that .. I might be able to take a little material off of the A arm to make it all work .. but I was hoping someone else had already been threw this , so I could see what they did ..

te72;1763625 said:
So, what sort of body is going on that frame up there? ;)

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?27957-My-build-...

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
So, you're building a custom framed muscle truck? Pretty sweet... 4wd, or just 2wd? Just curious, only browsed through the first 50 posts of your build, most of which were engine pics.

slacker

master mould maker
Sep 24, 2006
BC , Canada
www.toyotafiberglass.com
yeah 2WD .. full custom !!

maybe I should do this instead .. holy FUK! .. can you say " drift" :)

Drift-UTE-Australia.jpg

---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

BorHor;1764478 said:
Here are some kits I found.

http://www.ksportusa.com/asp/air_suspension.asp
http://www.d2racing.com/content/products/basic_air_suspension

Ksport and D2 are probably exactly the same. I remember seeing another company but I am blanking on the name right now.

YIKES .. 3G for 2 front struts and an air tank .. seriously ? and thats there "basic" kit .. :aigo::yikes:

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
slacker;1764780 said:
yeah 2WD .. full custom !!

maybe I should do this instead .. holy FUK! .. can you say " drift" :)

YIKES .. 3G for 2 front struts and an air tank .. seriously ? and thats there "basic" kit .. :aigo::yikes:

Hah, you could probably forklift-steer with that much angle... and you know what they say, gotta pay to play? Might look into companies that are geared toward classic US cars. I know my brother was looking at bagging his Impala for something like 1500-2000 for the whole thing.

supraguru05

Offical SM Expert: Suspension & Vehicle Dynamic
SM Expert
Dec 16, 2005
louisville ky
I would drill out the upper ball joint mount on the spindle and ream it to fit a standard GM ball joint. Then use circle track upper control arms and you should get alot more clearance. Check out speedwaymotors.com for control arms. You would need to measure your spacing to get some.