air bag light wont go away :(

Slow_Sc3

I beat bikes dude
Apr 2, 2005
Maryland
i replaced the dash in my mk3 and im 100% sure that i reconnected everything including the yellow air bag plug to the steering wheel now i have tried unplugging the battery a few times and the warning light on the gauge cluster is still on any thoughts of how to reset it other then pulling the bulb out?

thanks.

btw its a 91 mk3

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
removing the fuse or battery will not clear the airbag code.

you can either take it to a dealer and they will reset it w/ their sst in about 2 seconds.

or you can do it manually, its kind of a pita to get the timing right. its best if you have someone sitting in the car to let you know what the airbag light is doing as you go thru the procedure. it took me about 5 tries to finally get it cleared.

courtesy of jbl:

. Connect the service wires to terminals Tc and AB of the check connector (diagnostic block under hood) b. Turn the ignition switch ACC or ON and wait approx. 6 seconds c. Starting with the Tc terminal, apply body ground alternately to terminal Tc and terminal AB twice each in cycles of 1.0 +/- 0.5 seconds. Finally, keep applying body ground to terminal Tc. HINT: When alternating between body ground of terminals Tc and AB, simultaneously release one from body ground while applying it (body ground) to the other terminal. If the time interval in between is too long, code 41 will not be cleared. d. After several seconds, when the airbag warning light starts to blink on a 64 m second cycle, cancellation is complete.