Ah crap, look what new toy i ended up coming home with yesterday

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
Went out to browse shopping areas with the girl. 4 Hours later I came home with this :3d_frown: It wasn't Totally impulsive as I had been obssessing over it awhile now but never did I think I'd actually pick one up before I graduated at least.

Samsuge UNB7100 46" HD LED LCD TV

1.2" thick at its thickest point.

3,000,000:1 Contrast, 120Hz. The 8000 series features 240hz but is another $300 jump pretty much just for that.

So far, its awesome. Too awesome. The picture coloring and fluid motion is unlike any TV i've seen before. The smoothness almost messes with my head. Last night I finally got the DLNA to work. For those of you who don't know what that is, i can access my computer on my TV and watch any movies/pictures/songs etc I want WIRELESSLY.

This Also features Yahoo widgets, which means i can watch endless Youtube on my TV, fullscreen :biglaugh:. And yes, its awesome, me and my roommate were doing it for hours the night I got it.

Thinking about upgrading the receiver to a VSX-10xx series. I have a VSX-1015TX-K which is AWESOME but has no HDMI features or TruAudio formats. The new VSX-1019's i'm weary about as I hear they stripped it down quite a bit from its 1018 predecessor.

Nearly got a PS3 too but since i can connect to my PC anyway, no point in buying it just for the Bluray Player. Thankfully the GF works at Best Buy so i got SERIOUS discounts on any misc. stuff i needed like HDMI cables and such. How serious of a discount you ask? Example: HDMI cable 69.99, her price 6.53. No discounts on these tv's unfortunately though, pretty much at cost already.

9233607_ra.jpg

tv_side.jpg

Last edited:

savannahashlee

I AM A CHICK :)
Jan 15, 2008
PDX (Oregon)
Awww.. Too bad LG is releaseing a 240hz one of those in December.. :) With 3D capabilities.... This is why I dont buy new stuff.. Shortly after I buy crap, its out dated.. :(

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
savannahashlee;1404374 said:
Awww.. Too bad LG is releaseing a 240hz one of those in December.. :) With 3D capabilities.... This is why I dont buy new stuff.. Shortly after I buy crap, its out dated.. :(

i hate you so very much right now for telling me that lol........:nono:

any info on model number?

EDIT: they have a 240hz version already

Last edited:

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
honestabe;1404380 said:
Damn! Best buy discount is pretty nice. When I worked there a few years ago it was 5% above cost. Great way to see what the mark-up is on things.

yeah its still 5% above. its awesome

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
I've had both an LG and a Samsung. (And a Viewsonic, and a Sharp, and so on...) Samsung wins hands down. There's so much more obvious thought put into the Samsung products... it's not even in the same league as LG.

I'd take your model Samsung over the newer model LG any day.

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
GrimJack;1404506 said:
I've had both an LG and a Samsung. (And a Viewsonic, and a Sharp, and so on...) Samsung wins hands down. There's so much more obvious thought put into the Samsung products... it's not even in the same league as LG.

I'd take your model Samsung over the newer model LG any day.

Yeah, thats what i've been hearing. I saw the 240hz LG which is cheaper but heard its a pretty crappy TV. Not to mention the contrast ratio is 1/3 of the samsung and 1/5 of the 8000 series. The look (cosmetics) of the LG is superior as well.

I have yet to play a bluray on it yet though. No bluray movies.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
suprarx7nut;1404736 said:
You've got a looooooong wait ahead.

Negative, OLED technology should be out within the next 2 years.

IwantMKIII;1404969 said:
EXACTLY what I was thinking. LONG wait. Epecially until they even become remotely affordable.....

Affordability will drop pretty quickly since they are very cheap to manufacture.

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
when i ran my hdmi cables i picked them up from monoprice. almost exactly what you paid for yours.

crazy markups on that kind of stuff

GuNDeZZZ

Was dgilman360
Sep 28, 2006
Lakeland Florida
My roommate has this tv, we have verizon fios hdtv which is hooked up with hdmi and watching it makes me dizzy, it looks strange for tv, but gaming is brilliant.

I have a 46'' Polaroid lcd tv and our tv looks great on it. I donno.