Again with the car scam

whudafux

Formerly dcrusupra
Jan 5, 2006
Cullowhee, NC
www.myspace.com
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 05:30:19 -0800 (PST)
From: Send an Instant Message "Robert Wisach" <robywisach@yahoo.com> Add to Address BookAdd to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
Yahoo! DomainKeys has confirmed that this message was sent by yahoo.com. Learn more
Subject: 1994 TOYOTA SUPRA - ROBERT WISACH
To: dcrusupra@yahoo.com

Hello again,

As advertised the price I am looking for the car is $5990 ( this price includes shipping and handling to your location and all the other fees that may occur during the sale).
The car is located in Ft Myers, FL and it is ready to be shipped to your location.

I have to tell you that I recently moved to United Kingdom due to work and family. Since I lost my job and I didn't found one yet,I have to sell this car as soon as possible so I can pay the rate for the house or the bank will take it. I have no need for the car here because I can’t register it and because it would cost a fortune to bring it to this place so I've decided to sell it in US at a price that will find a buyer in a few days .

As this is a large purchase I suggest using a third party to complete this purchase. For safety reasons I think that the most important thing when we make a deal over the Internet to have both of us 100% protection in case of fraud or anything else As soon as the payment will be made I will take a plane to US and take care of things.

We will use SquareTrade’s ecrowing department, I have completed quite a large number of successful deals using them. I have a Purchase Protection Account of US $20,000 and I assume you know what this means.

The money will be HELD by them into their secure escrow account and I will give you 5 days to test the car and to see that nothing is wrong with it.I made few deals on AutoTrader and eBay in this way and it worked very well.

Here are the steps of the deal :

1.The Seller will open the transaction --> 2.The buyer has to make the payment to SquareTrade Financial Department and they will deposit the money into their secure escrow account --> 3. The seller will ship the item to the buyer and he has 5 days to inspect it -->4.The buyer will contact SquareTrade and will notify them if he is satisfied or not --> 5.SquareTrade will release the money to the seller(in case the buyer is satisfied) or will refund the buyer(in case he is not satisfied).

In case you have any question about how this service work,please ask me and I will be more than happy to give you all the details or you can ask SquareTrade at :
support@squaretrade-findepartment.com

So,please read this email twice and let me know.I hope you agree with me,because I think that it is the best way to protect both(seller and buyer).

If so,please provide me your full name and shipping address so i can contact SquareTrade and start the transaction.

Just email me back and let me know

The classic scam. These are getting kind of old. :slap:

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
Very old, I think I've talked to that exact person about 5 months ago, the e-mail was nearly identical as I remember it, even though most are. I wish I still had the e-mails... I hate these scammers:nono:

Bigzavs

86.5 1JZ Single Turbo
Apr 21, 2005
Arlington, TX
i had a couple scams, mine were the well send you a check for $15K even tho i was asking $10K, and i was supposed to send them back $5K immediatley, then the check wouldnt clear and id be up shit creek with a -$5K paddle

but i got both their asses arrested by the FBI

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
Bigzavs said:
i had a couple scams, mine were the well send you a check for $15K even tho i was asking $10K, and i was supposed to send them back $5K immediatley, then the check wouldnt clear and id be up shit creek with a -$5K paddle

but i got both their asses arrested by the FBI

:rofl:

Bigzavs

86.5 1JZ Single Turbo
Apr 21, 2005
Arlington, TX
mkiiSupraMan18 said:
^ lucky... I just got to talk to some sexy-sounding detective out in Denver. :icon_conf

the FBI agent i talked to, i ended up helping him put a supercharger on his M3

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
i got that same message a while back. dont see mself buying a car without driving first atleast, ever.

Loki

The Future is Unwritten
Mar 30, 2005
Prince George, B.C.
americanjebus said:
i got that same message a while back. dont see mself buying a car without driving first atleast, ever.

I bought my Supra without even seeing it in person, first time I drove it was after it was transfered and we went back to the guys house.

esc

WUM WUM!
Mar 30, 2005
Winston, NC
Loki said:
I bought my Supra without even seeing it in person, first time I drove it was after it was transfered and we went back to the guys house.

Same with me, found the car in Ft. Lauderdale, FL, talked to the guy online and on the phone, saw some pics and said ok! Flew down to Flordia, met the guy at the airport, gave him the money, took the keys and drove the car 11 hours home, lol.

Scammers should die :bigun2: