aftermarket turbo t-1 turbonetics turbo

opiec16

Nov 26, 2012
casa grande az
How much power will I gain and will more will I need to do the motor is being rebuilt and bored 20 over stock every thing else can any one give me some advice on what else I will need to do

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
What are your plans as far as head gasket and heads bolts or studs?

Secondly what are your plans for adding fuel for the larger turbo.

To be honest I'm not sure what a turbonectics t-1 turbo is... Do you have a link to specs of he turbo you have in mind.

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
Also you will need to upgrade things like

Exhaust
Inter cooler and piping
Blow off valve
Fuel injectors/pump/afpr
Need to upgrade to a bigger afm or go map based if you want any big power

These are just basics

Sounds like you have a lot of research to do.

DOUBL3 D

Banned
Aug 22, 2010
Chesterfield,MO
www.facebook.com
Have you checked some of the stickies? There are lots of good ones that will walk you through modifying a 7m. I highly advise you address the headgasket first and foremost.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
Start with more specs on your rebuilt motor, other than .020" overbore. What pistons, bearings? Are you going to go with aftermarket (ARP or the like) fasteners for the mains, rods, head? Does your machinist know that the block deck must be surfaced with the lower timing cover installed? What's being done to the head? Are you going to use a metal head gasket, or go with a stock replacement?

After that, I also have no idea what turbo you're talking about or its requirements, so more specifications on that would be good.

Before we can advise you on requirements, we'll also need to know what kind of power goals you have, and probably a ballpark budget. This could go anywhere from a Lexus AFM and 550cc injectors (~300 WHP, 13-15PSI boost) to a full stand-alone engine management system, or anywhere in between.