Aftermarket suspension arms and bars?

jizake1jz

FTMFW
Feb 18, 2007
Lake Zurich, IL
after looking at these rear suspension arms a thousand times on horsepowerfreaks, i still don't understand which is which. here is the tsrm pic:

RA_056.gif

ok the lipp traction arm is the bar on the very bottom labeled "strut rod"

which is the A1 rear camber kit replacing? (no. 2 lower suspension arm? does the no 2 arm even need to be replaced?)

which is the A1 rear toe kit replacing (i think "no. 1 lower suspension arm)?

which is the A1 rear traction arm replacing(same as lipp?)

so the a1 arms, are they aluminum or steel? what is the best setup money can buy? or is that the debate?

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
jizake1jz;1268870 said:
which is the A1 rear camber kit replacing? (no. 2 lower suspension arm? does the no 2 arm even need to be replaced?)

which is the A1 rear toe kit replacing (i think "no. 1 lower suspension arm)?

which is the A1 rear traction arm replacing(same as lipp?)

so the a1 arms, are they aluminum or steel? what is the best setup money can buy? or is that the debate?

You've got it right, and IIRC the A1 arms are steel. If our cars are lowered enough in the back, you'll need to either lengthen the lower arm like IJ did (cut/weld two arms to make em longer, don't recommend this unless you're as anal as IJ is) or replace it with an adjustable arm.

Discussion is indeed about what is the best money can buy.

jizake1jz

FTMFW
Feb 18, 2007
Lake Zurich, IL
does anyone have anymore up close pics of the A1 products? in particular the toe arms? it seems like those could be made pretty easily. I might want to give that a shot sometime soon, but i'd want to pick the same parts as A1 in terms of dimensions.

and i always thought hiem joints were really good, why is there all the hate towards them?

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
IJ.;1265796 said:
Motorsports is a very different environment to road use....

Cars are also inspected at regular intervals and the duration just isn't there.

Road car can do 60K Km's a year easily a race car might be 1/10th of that if endurance raced.

Work hardening is a time issue with aluminium.

This is why ^^

Heim joints are fine on a race car that is inspected before every race and doesn't do that many miles, on a road car they're not as durable.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Poodles;1269437 said:
You've got it right, and IIRC the A1 arms are steel. If our cars are lowered enough in the back, you'll need to either lengthen the lower arm like IJ did (cut/weld two arms to make em longer, don't recommend this unless you're as anal as IJ is) or replace it with an adjustable arm.

Discussion is indeed about what is the best money can buy.

A1's are Aluminium :(

Turbo Drifter

Dec 8, 2005
Surrey, BC Canada
jizake1jz;1269940 said:
any chance on getting the length on the steel sleeve? i'm at school but i want to order parts now lol

I will not be under the car again for a week or two. I would wait and see what IJ thinks of those before ordering them, I think he may say that's its to thin wall for this component.

gofastgeorge

Banned
Jan 24, 2008
Texas
Cz.;1264772 said:
Yeah, Yanack was the Japanese company I was thinking about.

Hate to burst the bubble here, but yanack is not Japanese........
They are a product of the people's republic of junk (china).

I have seen their brochures, and had been contacted by them
to see if I wanted to join their ever increasing list of eBay sellers.........

I am sad thet RHD has joined their list.
But anything for a fast buck, I guess :-(