Aftermarket suspension arms and bars?

Cz.

CAR > FAMILY
Mar 31, 2005
Seattle, WA
I know about the A-1 performance replacement bars and the suprasport traction arms, but are there any other places that make aftermarket suspension arms for the mk3? I know that there's a company in Japan that makes most of them (can't remember the name right now), but I'd prefer to avoid having to order from somewhere across the world...
If you guys have any leads, I'd appreciate it.

Jack

Dec 25, 2005
Stillwater, MN
What kind of arms are you looking for?
LIPP are strong and unbreakable and made in the USA

A1 are adjustable

Between the two brands the options are pretty well covered, keep your dollar in the states

supraguru05

Offical SM Expert: Suspension & Vehicle Dynamic
SM Expert
Dec 16, 2005
louisville ky
you can make upper control arms from speedway motors really cheap and easy, DR Jonez has done it. or you can machine up some offset polyurethane bushings

Cz.

CAR > FAMILY
Mar 31, 2005
Seattle, WA
Yeah, Yanack was the Japanese company I was thinking about.
I'm really just trying to get a feel for what is available on the market right now. I guess I'm used to my corolla in the sense that there's multiple companies making aftermarket parts for pretty much every suspension bar.
I figure instead of getting new bushings, why not just get new suspension arms that are lighter, stronger, adjustable, and have new bushings in them.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
If I find a better part from Japan, I'm going to buy it from them... Much like the POS replacement parts from a parts store for our cars when I'll get the parts from the dealer instead.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
I've heard bad things about the A1's quality, personally I'd like to see an adjustable bar with normal bushings and not heim joints, but nobody makes them.

"keeping it in the USA" is an idiotic statement on most counts, so don't get me started (betcha the parts that the A1's are made from aren't made here), or how about the RonnieK bushing set that isn't made here?

Jack

Dec 25, 2005
Stillwater, MN
I don't know about A-1 but the LIPP ones are 100% made here. Actually in MN. Designed, tooling built, cast and machined...here in the USA...It's NOT idiotic

HommerSimpson

Dec 31, 2007
New Smyrna Beach Florida
I did my own thing.. People on here dont like but it works for me.. I wanted something stronger then what was offerd and cheaper...Figured 2X the tubes should be stronger then what i could find..
Cost me about 125 or so... I ferget...

p1264884_1.jpg

Jack

Dec 25, 2005
Stillwater, MN
IJ.;1264983 said:
Only because I'm smart enough to worry about a suspension failure at high speeds that will more than likely end my life :) (that and knowing the properties of aluminium)

Aluminum if used correctly is good...Stainless is better though